Please note that due to the confidential nature of our work, not all searches that we undertake will be listed here.
|ID||Position||Location||Client||Description||Recruiter||Location Keywords||ID #|
|3578||SAP Account - Dallas / Atlanta||Dallas / Atlanta||Our client is a global network solutions leader with a strong reputation for developing end-to-end solutions that power telecommunication and enterprise networks, providing services in a range of countries and regions spanning Asia, Europe, the Americas and Oceania.||The Opportunity|
We are seeking a Senior Sales Executive, to focus on our Business & Application Services solutions. Our professional services offerings include ERP managed services, SaaS technologies, Cloud based applications services, web-based horizontal applications services and strategic partner related technology services sales, such as Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, Glovia, Salesforce.com, and Microsoft. Experience in selling legacy modernization solutions is a plus as we have one of the best tools in the industry as rated by Gartner. The Senior Sales Executive manages and prospects in defined territory accounts and net new targets by building and expanding relationships with C-level functional and IT executives within those accounts. The goal is to drive net new revenue for the company and each Sales Executive will have a defined target and associated compensation plan with incentives for achieving and exceeding the targets. The Senior Sales Executive will be viewed within his/her accounts as a client advisor by positioning and selling the focused solutions for Company.
• Ownership for assigned quota targets ($10-12M TCV and $5-6M IYR) and associated pipeline – must be personally committed to these key job functions. • Oversees business activities and processes to ensure that a high standard of professional excellence is maintained among deal team members – provides “hands-on” leadership for the team. • Takes ownership for business functions including, creating overall customer project plan, budgets, and pipeline creation activities. • Establishes and implements short- and long-term strategies to deliver services to customers within reasonable schedules and budgets. • Effectively communicates progress toward goals and objectives, sales tasks, and activities, and clearly describes sales challenges and objections to sales leadership for support and resolution. • Strong ability to navigate the entire sales process from lead generation to signatures on contracts.
• Develop and maintain a strategic account plan • Develop and manage a partnership with the client that turns business needs into revenue generating opportunities. • Position the Company Services Value Proposition to clients and sell the entire Company solution portfolio. • Build and manage relationships with business unit departments within Company (Infrastructure Services, Business & Application Services, Platform Products Group, Retail). • Acquire proper level of knowledge for all Company product and solution offerings. • Provide marketing and development group feedback on product offering design and development processes. • Report current status of defined accounts in defined territory including installed Company base and projects, key initiatives to sales management (Sales VP) • Understand how to manage resources within the organization to maximize the best use of talents and skills. • Develop skill set by participating in required education during the calendar year. • Perform all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner in order to meet expectations of forecast and expense reporting.
• Works on a team with other Sales resources, System Engineers, and Service Delivery Managers and accepts direction from Sales VP. • Effectively manages an account team under a matrix structure • Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts, and company objectives tor resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. • Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and/or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. • Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Qualifications • Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or technology related fields preferred, or equivalent experience • 10 or more years direct business development or sales experience • Experience working in or with technology industry, professional services firms • Proven experience selling ERP services or professional services around SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Microsoft, etc • Proven track record of at least 3 contiguous years of achieving or exceeding quota • Willing to travel 75% of the time or as needed to get the job done • Extensive experience selling the entire Business & Applications Services portfolio, to include assessments, staffing services, projects, and managed services deal constructs • Experience working within a top-down management structure with heavy matrix management influence. Other Skills & Experience • Strong written and verbal communications skills – equal business stature with C-level executives • Strong strategic management and planning skills • Strong desire to represent the company to internal and external clients – strong advocacy experience and personal traits • Ability to operate with very little management direction on a day to day basis • Strong sense of “team” and “loyalty” – must be in your DNA • Strong “coaching” skills including planning, delegating, training, and leading by example • Concrete examples of sales experiences as a “hunter” • Demonstrated ability to build and manage executive level relationships
|Darlene Corrubia||Dallas, Atlanta, Georgia, Texas, South||3578|
|3571||Regional Carrier Sales Executive-Telecom/Fiber Components||US - Major Hub||Our client is a small US based manufacturer of fiber optic components. Created more than 20 years ago they are a well-established company – well-known and respected by their large network of customers both in North America and worldwide. All of their products meet Telcordia/Belcore GR-326 standards and they are ISO 9001 certified. They are well known by their giant competitors. They are currently expanding their direct sales force to match rapid growth in the industry and are seeking strong candidates that fit in the company culture that promotes hard work, attention to detail, and taking pride in providing efficient products and responsive customer service.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Regional Carrier Sales Executive. This role will report to the company president and will be responsible to grow profitable business in the Telecom Carrier (Tier 1/2/3) and Cable/MSO space in the United States and Canada by leveraging the company’s portfolio of products and core competencies when creating customized solutions for customers. This position will work remote (in home office) and be responsible for direct sales activity within a pre-determined territory. This position will spend more than 50% of the time outside making sales calls, traveling to clients, etc.
• Establish and maintain complete and up to date information on target accounts. This includes a thorough understanding of the account’s needs, history, plans, issues, forecasting, organizational structure, strategies, existing business alliances and key competitors.
• Proposal and pricing development, negotiations.
• Follow through on sales transactions, specify appropriate standards, price and credit terms
• Directly aide marketing/ business development activities
• Administrative responsibilities related to record keeping, reporting and sales projections
• 8+ years of direct outside sales experience (HUNTER) in Tier 1/2/3 Carrier and Cable/MSO markets
• Successful sales experience in the Telecommunications field (wire, cabling, fiber optics)
• History of successful sales goal achievements in these markets – active rolodex
• Strong understanding of fiber optic networking technology
• Very strong interpersonal, organizational and especially communications skills.
• Understanding of technical specifications of telecommunications networking
• Ability to sell in both short and long term arenas, develop account activity
• Strong presentation and negotiations skills – professional image and demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
|Matthew Reaves||East coast, New York, New Jersey, NJ, NY, Remote, Virtual||3571|
|3540||Complex Bid/Proposal Manager||Bay Area / Northern VA||Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for an experienced Bid Manager able to effectively manage bids and virtual teams and create compelling customer offers in response to customer RFx documents. The role may also include bid writing and bid production activities and supporting more senior bid managers and other stakeholders. The scope of this role is the management of specific regional and/or country bid management activities and resources. Qualification of bid opportunities, working with sales teams to assist in bid / no bid decisions, bid strategies and any partnering decisions. This role will revolve around the the management of customer bids. He/She owns and manages the bid plan throughout the bid cycle, leads the bid team and is responsible for the bid budget. Facilitates effective bid qualification and is responsible for obtaining all necessary authorization for the successful completion of the bid. Manage the production of customer proposals, ensuring a win strategy is developed and executed to produce proposals which are completed on time and contain a compelling proposition to the customer, presentation of our solution and the value it brings to our customers. Manages the utilization of the available resources to fulfil the demands generated by our customers and bid submissions.
• Communicate internally to develop cross organizational working.
• Management of customer bids, creating of customer offers and responses to RFx documents.
• To take ownership of the offer management process. Lead the bid team using company agreed processes and methodologies to ensure deadlines are met, approvals obtained, and the bid teams are motivated and focused.
• Responsible for bid planning, overall bid progress, and the efficient use of company resources. Initiate corrective action where necessary by forward planning and forecasting, to ensure optimum utilization of company resources and promote customer satisfaction and on time bid submission.
• Facilitate the qualification of bids at the appropriate process stages using standard tools and techniques. Record the qualification outcomes and escalate when required to drive effective bid qualification.
• Produce and maintain all bid records in accordance with company processes to ensure the bid is auditable.
• Own and maintain the bid risk register and the development of the mitigation strategies required. Flag any issues or risks to the appropriate resources within the business.
• Store all documentation in appropriate systems maintaining all necessary security compliance.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of products and services, competitive landscape, and management trends within the telecommunications industry.
• Responsible for the handover of the bid to the delivery organisation. Produce post bid review and handover documentation to ensure completeness of the process and knowledge sharing.
• Develop and manage the interface with suppliers both internal and external for the purpose of producing winning bids.
• Understanding of the bid management role and ideally experience in a bid or bid writing role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal and team skills.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving, planning, and organizational skills.
• Proposal writing experience. Ideally APMP accreditation and/or knowledge of Shipley proposal methodologies.
• Preferred – Project management – The ability to apply project management disciplines to achieve successful delivery within agreed parameters of cost, timescale, and quality. Includes effective change, risk and issue management.
|Anna DeNardo||Virginia, San Francisco, California, San Jose, West, East||3540|
|3558||Product Manager – UC Managed Services||NJ - Central||Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Product Manager of UC Managed Services. This candidate will lead a team to drive P&L management for product portfolio through product development and management, sales support and enablement discussions with customers, sales, engineering, and operations teams. This is a tactical role, providing a marked contribution to defining the product strategy, direction of new products, processes, standards or operational plans based upon business strategy with a significant mid-term impact on business unit’s overall results.
The candidate will manage the product life cycle for on premise equipment sold by the company that result in delivering viable product offerings to the marketplace and specify market requirements of the product by:
• Conducting market research
• Discussions with customers and noncustomers
• Feedback from sales organizations on customer needs
• Articulate and develop service requirements definition and roadmap for UCC services, including product portfolio, service design, and packaged offerings catering to different customer segments.
• Work with third party suppliers to source product and services to complete UCC service offerings.
• Define and articulate the business case, value proposition and positioning of the UCC Services. Develop appropriate materials to communicate value proposition to both sales and end-customers, and conduct appropriate training and dissemination.
• Develop enterprise professional services and wholesale white label services for UCC leveraging the company’s assets, infrastructure and capabilities
• Develop and implement the go to market plans, working with other departments including Marketing, Sales and delivery organizations
• Monitor and manage the service performance against key performance metrics
• Develop and drive the service roadmap for new features and enhancements to Collaboration Services to continuously maintain competitive advantage and value proposition in the marketplace
• Leverage and integrate other service offerings such as Messaging, Security services, networks to provide compelling value proposition and reduced total cost of ownership for the clients
• 10-12 years in telecommunications industry in techno-commercial assignments
• Degree in Engineering
• PMP certification is desirable
• Identify problems and suggest inputs to product development and engineering team to significantly improve process or fulfill service realization and operationalize product/service and associated costs individual contributor in regions
• Involved in planning and strategizing of new and existing products
• Impact of decisions made is mid-term in nature
• Typically has small to medium profit and loss responsibility for a product portfolio
• May lead regional projects for a specific product portfolio, and also participate as a team member for other projects
• Specify market requirements of the product by conducting market research, discussions with customers and non-customers and getting feedback from sales organizations on customer needs
|Matthew Reaves||New Jersey, East coast||3558|
|3543||Product Manager – Optical Transceivers||IL - Chicago||Our Client|
Our client is a privately held and profitable optical device company led by industry recognized executives. Leveraging a strong supply chain and significant partnerships, our client is making a name for itself by providing client companies with networking solutions that can be delivered faster and more cost effectively than the other larger OEMs. As a result of winning many significant customers and building an impressive revenue stream, the company executives have been able to attract top talent to join their team, putting them on a fast track to gain major market share.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to find a Product Manager to join our client’s growing team. The selected candidate will be responsible for product vision, planning and execution by working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure product revenue and customer goals are met. This person will conceive and specify products by identifying potential market opportunities, conducting market research, evaluating competitors, generating product requirements, validating engineering direction and specifications, assessing production timetables, developing pricing, and planning product introduction in conjunction with marketing and sales. Responsibilities include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals throughout the complete product life cycle.
• Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
• Develop the business plan and analyze financial return for any new products being considered.
• Provide source data for product line communications and work with marketing to develop communication objectives.
• Obtain product market share by working with sales leadership to develop product sales strategies.
• Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
• Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
• Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
• Bring new products to market by analyzing engineering plans and specifications and establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, and costing special and customized orders.
• Occasionally train sales personnel on product attributes, potential positioning, and the product feature road map.
• 7+ years of Product Management experience
• Product Pricing expertise
• Data Center Enterprise device/transceiver and optics experience
• BS in a technical discipline preferred.
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois||3543|
|3541||Sr./Principal Solutions Engineer – Complex Enterprise||Bay Area / Northern VA||Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a senior-level solutions engineer to provide both a consultancy service to customers and support to the global sales team. This candidate will use knowledge of the company’s products and services to translate customer requirements into functional, effective and appropriate solutions for the prospective customer base.
• To support the development of business opportunities in conjunction with the sales team. Where appropriate provide consultancy to aid customers in the development of their requirements.
• To understand customer requirements, assist in the qualification processes and by utilising the company’s standard product and services portfolio to create a suitable solution in concept.
• Actively participate in the RFI/RFP process and development of the technical aspects of proposals in line with customer needs, liaising and qualifying with other colleagues as necessary. Present technical solutions to customers both formally and informally as required
• To author the Technical Sections of Proposals for prospective customers for handover to low level design.
• To participate with sales in winning customer commitment by carrying out specific tasks called for by the sales campaign plan. Generally, this will include presenting the company’s technical competence and the customer specific technical solution.
• To validate appropriate order documentation initiated by sales prior to submission to the order desk or in the case of projects, to brief Project Management and Engineering to ensure they are equipped to deliver the solution.
• To provide additional information and advice to Service Delivery and to Operations and answer referrals, during the implementation phase of a sold service.
• Ensuring that customer solutions remain fit for purpose throughout their lifecycle by conducting regular customer reviews and initiating appropriate change. To keep the customer aware of emerging technologies, products and services.
• To work closely with the sales team in the ‘Account Planning/Development’ process and support their understanding of how products and services can be applied in the customer environment. To execute the agreed SE actions from that planning process.
• To maintain and develop knowledge of telecommunications products and services, specifically related to an assigned ‘Subject Matter Expert’ area.
• Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organisation to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions.
• Provision of sales support to assigned qualified sales opportunities and turning this into successful business wins.
• Demonstrable maintenance or enhancement of personal technical skills
• Effective working relationship with other departments participating in the sales process
• Demonstrably high level of customer confidence.
• Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent in Computer Networking
• Industry recognized certifications are an added advantage
• Successful track record in the telecommunications arena ideally from a global tier 1 ISP or network provider, with at least 10-12 years’ experience and demonstrable track record in designing complex Carrier and Enterprise solutions.
• In depth understanding and experience in the design of Managed MPLS-VPN, IP and converged voice/video solutions based solutions
• In depth understanding of Transmission, Carrier Ethernet and TCP/IP technologies
• An ability to work closely with sales executives, with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle with contract negotiation and business case understanding.
• Previous Sales Engineering positions held with a minimum of 3-5 year experience in a Senior SE role, with demonstrable technical, commercial (business cases) and contractual negotiation success in large TCV (>$10m) solutions.
• Time Management Skills – Ability to multi task and meet multiple timelines
• Strong written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional business image
• Customer focused, Results oriented. Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design
• Experience of developing long-term business relationships within key decision makers in large organisations.
• Experience of teaming effectively with others across different disciplines, functions and organisations.
• Experience with working and supporting global Carriers and Enterprises
• Voice/Video based collaboration technologies
• Datacenter infrastructure solutions (Hosting, Colocation and Virtualization)
• Mobility Solutions and SS7 signalling
|Matthew Reaves||California, San Francisco, San Jose, West coast, DC metro, virginia||3541|
|3539||Senior Director of Sales NA||US - Major Hub||Our Client|
Our client has been a global leader in networking solutions for over 20 years and is seeking key talent as the company expands its product suite to improve the service provider customers’ performance and price in multiple layers of the network.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search to find a Senior Sales Director NA to manage 5 Regional Sales Managers and Directors responsible for Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers in each region of the US. This newly created role will report to the VP of Sales Americas, who will run Major accounts (Tier 1’s) and Verticals while the new hire takes over the RSM’s in each region for Tier 2 and 3 accounts. The new Senior Director will need to hire 2 additional RSM’s and will also have an opportunity to expand territory into other parts of the Americas.
• 10+ years selling and leading a team of 5+ reports responsible for selling networking technology to service providers.
• Extensive relationships with a successful history of sales to Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers.
• Understanding of multiple service network architecture, IP networking, optical networking, DWDM, carrier ethernet and some layer 3 technologies.
• Strong comfort level coaching a sales team on the presentation of technical material and engineering network solutions to provide a good customer fit and economical solutions for the company.
• Must be capable of working with team members, product planning and business management teams effectively to develop business models which specifically benefit customers.
• Strong self-starter capable of working and managing direct reports effectively in a remote work environment.
• Must be able to hire and manage a dedicated team of sales professionals to develop and execute sales strategies and drive sales growth.
|Darlene Corrubia||United States, north america, |
New Hampshire, NH,
New Jersey, NJ,
New Mexico, NM,
New York, NY,
North Carolina, NC,
North Dakota, ND,
Rhode Island, RI,
South Carolina, SC,
South Dakota, SD,
West Virginia, WV,
|3537||Lean/Operations Engineer||IL - Chicago||Our client is a privately held and profitable optical device company led by industry recognized executives. Leveraging a strong supply chain and significant partnerships, our client is making a name for itself by providing client companies with networking solutions that can be delivered faster and more cost effectively than the other larger OEMs. As a result of winning many significant customers and building an impressive revenue stream, the company executives have been able to attract top talent to join their team, putting them on a fast track to gain major market share.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Lean/Operations engineer.
• Serve as key technical contact for company’s manufacturing facility in Asia
• Resolve technical issues for optical assembly process with CMs
• Oversee the implementation of engineering changes throughout product life cycle
• Develop and improve the automated production test platforms
• Create the assembly instructions and the process documentation
• Review the current processes and improve them to increase yield, cycle time and quality
• Evaluate materials and assemblies that are provided by suppliers in accordance with specifications and quality standards
• Support production line moves and/or new product introduction through coordination of quality, materials, tools, production line layouts, and process development
• Experience with industrial engineering is a plus (i.e. capacity analysis, time studies)
• Support Bill of Material (BOM) accuracy in conjunction with other functions
• Support year-over-year cycle time reductions
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree with experience in manufacturing and process engineering, experience in optical component/sub-system manufacturing or related field
• Experience working with and providing direction to production technicians
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFM/DFT and statistical tools
• Technical writing experience
• Experience with technology transfer
• Work environment of short notice changes, able to tolerate interruptions and work extended hours if needed
• Able to plan and prioritize activities, perform and monitor multiple overlapping tasks/operations to meet schedule
• Must be able to travel for several weeks at a time
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois, Midwest||3537|
|3532||Account Development Manager - Financial Markets||IL - Chicago / Metro NY||Our Client|
Led by name recognized industry executives, our client is the leading provider of state-of-the-art network service assurance solutions for premium granular network performance. Our client is private and profitable and continues to grow in revenue and global presence.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to embark on an executive search which will help launch our client company’s Financial Vertical. The company has a unique product with an application and features that are crucial for Financial Services companies as they strive to have the very best performance monitoring and service assurance platforms in their networks. These highly scalable platforms allow one-way latency measurements and ms micro-burst detection to control latency jitter for transaction times and trading data exchange over global networks. These platforms are ready to go today and the new Account Manager will lead the way for the company to develop this business and if he/she chooses to eventually lead and build a team in this vertical.
The selected candidate will have experience as an Account or Business Development Manager or Sales Engineer responsible for selling networking solutions direct or through service providers to companies like, IDC, Bloomberg, Hibernia Bank, Thomson Reuters, NYSE, etc.
This role reports to the Vice President of Sales.
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois, Midwest, Indiana, New York, East coast, east coast||3532|
|3525||Technical Support Applications Engineer||IL - Chicago||Our client is a small privately held global software company with a unique set of products that bridge the gap between telcos and broadcasters. With a strong customer base globally and solid financials, our client is growing the Americas business. Fueling this company’s growth is the increasing need to provide quality broadcast services for live events (i.e. US Open, NFL games, other live sporting events, etc.)||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Technical Support Applications Engineer to be the liaison between product development, sales, and customers. There is a strong opportunity to grow into a sales role or pre sales engineering position.
• Develop technical concepts before and during implementation, tailored to customer requirements and objectives.
• Responsible for technical interaction with the customers and collaborate with technical and operational working groups within the company.
• Coordinate activities required in the context of project implementation as well as provide technical support of customer base in North America.
• Travel for assignments both domestically and possible in the future to South America.
• 5+ years Post sales and technical support experience using software-, IT- or hardware in the Broadcast and/or Telecommunications industries
• NMS and/or OSS experience
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Good communication and teamwork abilities
• Good organizational abilities and independent worker
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois, Midwest||3525|
|3382||Sr. Manager – SIP Trunking Engineer/Architecture||NJ - Central / VA - Northern||Our Client|
Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a UC Engineer to architect and develop Unified Communications, SIP Trunking and IP Telephony product offerings with focus toward the Enterprise market segment. This candidate will offer design options formulated from market needs and work with internal teams to identify OSS/BSS integration dependencies. This position will assist the Solution Architecture group with design plans that contribute to RFI and RFP responses. Ideal candidates will have excellent presentation skills and an ability to interface and influence internal and external customers on a global basis and learn new technologies both as a team and an individual.
• Research, develop and architect Unified Communications and IP Telephony solutions in both the enterprise and wholesale space, including high level and low level design and implementation plans, both physical and logical. Create detailed design documents, diagrams, and service guidelines for products and services
• Work with internal and external technical teams to make market requirements into deliverable products and services
• Provide network performance, scalability and quality improvements & define innovative ideas on how to redesign network architecture and maximize network quality
• Develop requirements for Unified Communications and IP Telephony network elements to support existing and future platform, product and service functionality, and multi-platform integration.
• Assist in the strategic direction of Unified Communications, IP Telephony, and Transport & Access architecture
• Lead and/or contribute to new product and/or vendor evaluations by providing technical guidance, expertise, and feedback
• Provide completed solution delivery process including design and detailed configuration with implementation support
• Provide scope and desired results to QA Systems Engineers
• Lead projects to accomplish company goals on time and within budgets
• Recommend and handoff documented and delivered services to operations teams based on final service architecture
• Support Operations on complex and critical production issues
• BS or MSEE in Computer Science or 8+ years of experience in telecommunications, IP networks, and VOIP
• 3-5+ years experience in Unified Communications and IP Telephony space
• Cisco, MS Lync & Avaya Unified Communications, SIP Trunking, and IP Telephony architectures
• Premise Based, Hosted, Cloud, and Hybrid IP Telephony and Unified Communications deployments
• VoIP Protocols – SIP; knowledge of WebRTC, H.323 & SIP-I desirable but not required
• VoIP Media – RTP/SRTP/RTCP, RFC 2833
• Audio and Video Conferencing Solutions and Web Collaboration Solutions
• Social media and OTT applications in a collaboration environment
• Multi-tenant environments and virtualization of applications
• Regulatory compliance infrastructure such as CALEA & E911
• PSTN architecture and routing practices
• Cisco UCS architecture and deployment
• Avaya Aura, Broadsoft or Sonus experience is a plus
• NGN Voice & IP Equipment Vendors.
• SIP softphones, mobile clients and IADs
• CCNA, CCDA, CCVP CCNP, CCIE, CCIE Voice, ACSA, ACIS, APDS, MCTS, MCM, MCA a plus
• Expertise in Routing Protocols & Development (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VSRP, etc.) to be used in project implementations
• Familiarity with Network Security (FW, IDS, IPS, DOS) platforms, and protections methods against flooding, denial of service, etc.
• Knowledge of Layer 2 network design and standards, including Ethernet WAN technologies, MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, EVPN), 802.1x and 802.3xx
• IEEE standards 802.1ad QnQ, 802.1q VLAN tagging, Ethernet OAM 802.3ah and 802.1a
• Implementation of Standards and Methodologies for developing MOPs & resilient network solutions
• Network Management, performance measurement, fault management, access security
|Matthew Reaves||New Jersey, East Coast, mid-atlantic, mid atlantic, virginia||3382|
|3498||Sr. Account Manager, Global SI Unit–Enterprise Infrastructure||Bay Area / Dallas / Metro NY / NJ||Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for an exceptional Sr. Account Manager, Global Systems Integrator Unit – Enterprise Network Infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Global Systems Integrator Business who heads partnerships with all global Systems Integrators, this position will own the existing North American relationship with at least one major Indian Systems Integrator such as Wipro, Infosys, HCL, TCS, etc. He/she will map and plan the sales strategy then hunt via sell-with & sell-through engagements to acquire new business, as well as farm to enhance and grow the business. The focus of the business is Enterprise Network Infrastructure engagements in partnership with SIs. He/she will act as bridge between the customer and the company and execute to acquire 2x new end-customer logos for the company in his/her first fiscal year.
• Will create and execute the Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy for each of the Indian SI accounts by focusing on sell-with and sell-through bids
• Achievement of new business target from Indian SI segment on Annualized Contract Value basis
• Achievement of billed revenue target from Indian SI segment
• Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving revenue targets – especially managing personal time and productivity
• Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction
• Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
• Record, analyze, report and administer according to systems and requirements
• Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
• Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
• Pro-actively liaise with other company functions (e.g. product management / marketing / finance / operations) aimed at maximizing profitable revenue growth for the company
• 10 or more years of telecom experience including ~3 or more years of measurable success in sales and account management in a Telco/Systems Integrator/Global Technology Consulting firm
• Active relationships in major Indian Systems Integrators such as Wipro, Infosys, HCL, TCS, etc.
• Solid technical knowledge of US domestic and international telecommunications and network data and next gen services (Policy Engine Based, Video Services, SIP, Colocation, Private Line, Ethernet, Wavelength, IPT, MPLS, etc.)
• Experience in selling the services that make up an Enterprise Solutions portfolio
• Ability to achieve success through leveraging virtual teams
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Seasoned business traveler is expected for this position
• Bachelor degree in business or technical field; MBA preferred
|Matthew Reaves||California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, San Francisco||3498|
|3488||Sales Director, Wholesale Carrier Services-Tier 2/3 CSPs||Bay Area, Seattle, Denver, West||Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Sales Director, Wholesale Carrier Services – Tier 2/3 CSP markets for the Americas. This candidate will play a major role in account development with a focus on the Western North American region, this position will be responsible for developing and driving sales of data and next generation network services to a targeted list of strategic accounts.
• Engage Service Provider Company organizations at multiple levels from staff levels to senior management, including executive/CxO presentations to clearly articulate the company’s value proposition
• Senior-level sales experience and selling abilities; skilled at consultative selling and not merely an “account manager”
• Skilled at negotiating and comfortable persuading customers to take action to close sales
• Ability to exceed sales objectives such as quota and productivity requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Thorough understanding of market dynamics and can develop lead generation mechanisms to grow customer base within region
• Cultivate new customers and penetrate within existing major accounts (MegaPath, Windstream, Zayo, etc.)
• Interface with respective product management managers, access management and commercial teams to develop customized solutions for customers
• Effectively present and position the company’s product and service portfolios
• Responsible for routine account maintenance activities
• Accountable for pre- and post-sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction and timely revenue realization
• Must understand key operational methods and procedures to accurately quote existing and prospect customer demands
• Serve as customers’ primary point of contact inquiries, escalations and renewals of existing services
• Able to convey knowledge of the organization’s various products and services
• Able to prepare effective client presentations
• Work directly with Product Management organization to ensure product offerings meet strategic customer demands
• Work closely with the Strategy team to address industry trends as well as specific requirements of the Tier 2/3 CSPs
• Cultivate new opportunities for the company through identification of new customers, new market segments, and mining of dormant customers
• Support ad hoc requirements for unique business development arrangements inside the Americas region
• Bachelor degree in business or technical field; MBA preferred
• 7-10 years of work experience engaging Tier 2/3 Service Providers, preferably in areas of business development, sales, technical support and/or project management
• Thorough knowledge of US domestic and international telecommunications and network data and next gen services (Policy Engine Based, Video Services, CDN, Colocation, Private Line, Ethernet, Wavelength, IPT, MPLS, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of the industry, a thorough understanding of network data services, experience engaging Tier 2/3 market and proven relationships with company’s current and targeted strategic clients
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Strong relationship and presentation skills
• Business travel of approximately 50% is expected for this position
|Matthew Reaves||Bay Area, Seattle, Denver, West, California, West Coast, Colorado||3488|
|3458||Product Manager – Mobile Carrier Data Services Platforms||NJ - Central||Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to recruit a highly specialized Product Manager of a Mobile Data Service Platform. This candidate will define and refine product vision, strategy, and requirements to launch, manage and scale new policy-based wholesale mobile data services that help Mobile Network Operators expand average revenue per subscriber. The role requires serving as both company and industry catalyst in enabling a new ecosystem-based product portfolio addressing an emerging, fast-growing and likely multi-billion dollar market. The chosen individual will work closely with cross-functional technical team (Engineering, IT, Operations) to launch new services as well as work closely with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing teams to define product GTM strategy and expand ecosystem footprint while maintaining existing relationships. He/she will assist in driving customer-facing engagement in product design and proof of concept/fast prototyping activities. Will determine pricing and packaging for the services brought to market. This role is envisioned to grow into the management of the associated product group if/when the product portfolio is established & growing.
• 10+ years of experience in Product Management, Technical Sales or Product Development leadership role (ideally managing group of Product Managers) and responsible for independently managing a full product P&L
• 3+ years of experience in the mobile broadband data ecosystem domain
• Working knowledge of wholesale clearing, settlements and billing and commercial models and related ecosystem
• Experience launching highly scalable managed services and successful track record of profitably scaling new products and services. Experience working with agile methodology and product launch
• Demonstrated ability to lead discussions with customers, strategic partners to understand their needs and business concerns and ability to influence their requirements and product vision
• Strong strategic analysis & planning skills particularly related to establishing market power in industry ecosystems
• Proven track record of setting up technology partnerships and channel development strategy
• Strong team player and ability to influence and work with cross-functional internal teams like Sales, BD, Marketing, Finance, Legal
|Matthew Reaves||New Jersey, East coast eastcoast||3458|
|3456||Technical Manager, Mobile Web Team||MA - Boston||Our client, a publicly traded company, is the largest Internet company in its industry after taking off as one of the fastest growing startups in the Northeast. Their branded sites make up the largest community of its kind in the world, reaching over 300 million unique monthly visitors, containing more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million unique items. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. Our client is well known for its strong engineering team and is seeking candidates with hands-on technical skills.||The Opportunity|
Our client has entrusted us with a search for a Technical Manager for their Mobile Web team. This dynamic, passionate and effective leader will be responsible for building a team that delivers fun and useful features on mobile. Candidates do not need to be mobile experts but great leaders who are excited about mobile and fearless about picking up new technologies. Our client reaches over 300 million unique visitors each month in 45 countries, and are looking for someone who gets excited by working at this scale.
This team works in a fast-paced environment completing projects in 3-7 days, and a full release every week. This is a hands-on role where candidates will deliver features that will be used by millions of people every day. All programmers work on the full stack – from native code, to the presentation layer, through the servers, down to the database. Our client is well known for having an extremely strong engineering organization – you’ll be working with the best and getting stuff done, in the fastest growing area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
The Mobile team is responsible for both iOS and Android apps, as well as API, and their mobile website.
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
• A sense of ownership and pride in the role as a leader
• Have consistently exceeded expectations throughout candidate’s career, and can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
• Can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
• The ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
• Have successfully hired and built teams including interviewing, on-boarding, and mentoring (either at a small or large company)
• Find the live operations of your team’s code fulfilling and worth getting right
• Experience developing mobile websites is a plus
• Startup experience is a plus
|Matthew Reaves||Massachusetts, East Coast||3456|
|3455||Analytics Software Engineer, Mobile Team||MA - Boston||Our client, a publicly traded company, is the largest Internet company in its industry after taking off as one of the fastest growing startups in the Northeast. Their branded sites make up the largest community of its kind in the world, reaching over 300 million unique monthly visitors, containing more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million unique items. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. Our client is well known for its strong engineering team and is seeking candidates with hands-on technical skills.||Our client, a publicly traded company, is the largest Internet company in its industry after taking off as one of the fastest growing startups in the Northeast. Their branded sites make up the largest community of its kind in the world, reaching over 300 million unique monthly visitors, containing more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million unique items. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. Our client is well known for its strong engineering team and is seeking candidates with hands-on technical skills.||Matthew Reaves||Massachusetts, East Coast||3455|
|3431||Principal Hardware Engineer||MA - Boston||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world`s largest networks.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a principal hardware engineer who will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team developing leading edge optical communications products at ultrahigh data rates. This position is for a HW lead design role for development of complex high-speed electro-optical modules/sub-systems. The candidate must be solutions-focused, have a good understanding of telecommunications equipment design and should be familiar with design-for-manufacturability. Experience with design of high-speed optical transmission systems is a significant advantage.
• Lead responsibility from concept to production-release of high speed electro-optical transmission products and test vehicles for such products
• High-speed analog/RF, digital and mixed signal modeling and design including PCB layout and signal integrity engineering with 10G+ signals
• Design and implementation of low noise analog circuitry, Phase Locked Loops, and analog and digital feedback controls systems
• HW design of microprocessor, FPGA subsystems and high efficiency power supplies
• Specification, selection, testing and qualification of electrical and, in cooperation with the optics team, electro-optical components
• Test and verification of the developed electro-optical transmission products
• Documentation of the HW design of the developed electro-optical transmission products Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and
• Experience working with PCB layout designers, high speed signals, signal integrity, and constraints for designs operating at 10G and above, including a working knowledge of the Allegro PCB layout package
• Solid understanding of transmission line theory and effects (micro strip, strip line, CPW, …)
• Excellent debugging and analytical skills
• Experience with DxDesigner & Allegro. Strong preference to have working knowledge on various analog/RF simulation tools such as LTSpice and/or ADS
• EMI/EMC knowledge
• Knowledge of high-efficiency power converters
• Project lead and resource/task scheduling
• Successful track record of product design from concept through high volume manufacturing, including HW specification generation, DVT, regulatory compliance, and NPI of telecom grade equipment with high reliability requirements and extended environmental operating conditions
• Knowledge of optical components (lasers, modulators, detectors, etc.) and DWDM technologies and systems
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• B.S. in relevant field, M.S. preferred
• 10+ years or more of relevant industry experience
|Darlene Corrubia||Massachusetts, East Coast||3431|
|3010||Sr. Technical Recruiter / Account Manager||NJ - Brielle / Remote||Common Agenda is a senior level professional and executive search firm leveraging over 25 years of success in partnering with progressive companies in the quest for exceptional talent.|
Building organizations from the top-down or the bottom up; whether for the smallest start-up venture, a mid-sized company, or a large multi-billion dollar industry leader, Common Agenda has the experience and capabilities to meet each client's specific recruiting need. We strive to bring the highest level of service and professionalism to each search project we undertake.
|On day one, you will jump right in, learning about the clients we serve – companies whose products and services analyze, enable, protect or test technology Applications, Infrastructures, Intellectual Property, and Services in Telecom and IT. You’ll be tasked with filling current open requirements as well as identifying new ones. You will find and qualify new leads, sell the benefits of working with Common Agenda, and bring new clients to the company. Once you’ve landed a new client, you’ll be the point person on their account, helping to meet all of their recruiting needs and acting as a Subject Matter Expert on all topics in recruiting and hiring.|
We expect you to be savvy, hardworking, and intelligent. You should have a natural curiosity about the way things work and an excitement for learning new things. Because we embrace a collaborative approach where employees are encouraged to bounce ideas off one another, strong interpersonal skills are key. Our team members are confident in themselves and their ideas. They trust their instincts and are never nervous on the phone, whether talking to a junior level engineer or the CEO of an industry-leading company.
- Maintain a pipeline of “A-player” candidates through networking, cold calling and other creative means of research
- Screen prospective candidates to evaluate company fit, technical ability, and interest
- Mentor candidates through hiring process from resume writing, interviewing and offer acceptance
- Present Common Agenda to prospective clients as a solution to their hiring needs
- Work closely with Account and Operations Managers to ensure we meet our recruiting goals
- Meet and exceed all weekly, monthly and quarterly performance targets
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- 3+ years experience in a sales environment with a record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Experience building and nurturing relationships with clients, leads, and prospects
- Demonstrated success sourcing leads through referrals, warm and cold calling
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High-energy with polished and persuasive written and verbal skills
- Technical savviness with the intellectual curiosity to learn new things on a daily basis
- Strong commitment to ethics, integrity, and quality
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
|Bill Rowe||New Jersey, East Coast, Virtual||3010|
|3318||Senior Test Engineer||MA - Boston||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It`s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world`s largest networks.||Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Senior Test Engineer. |
• Serve as a senior member of a team in the development of production test equipment, test programs, and debug processes for new products and releases to internal manufacturing or external contract manufacturer.
• Participate independently in Engineering Design Reviews and help drive the implementation of test methodologies and guidelines.
• Work independently with Engineering to develop manufacturing test requirements for new products.
• Work independently in the development of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes for low-high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Train internal manufacturing or external contract manufacturer technical personnel in the use and support of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes for low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Independently implement Corrective Actions aimed at process/quality/cost improvements.
• Support and maintain production test equipment, test programs, and debug processes for low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems released to manufacturer.
• Support manufacturer’s technical personnel in the debug of low to high complexity assemblies and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Assist in defining Design for Testability (DFT) guidelines and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
• Assist in defining methodologies used to develop ATE and Test Program Set (TPS) that share a common development strategy across product platforms and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
• Assist is developing policies, procedures & methods in support of ISO-9000 quality system.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
• BSEE or higher degree with 5+ years of experience, both in NPI & Sustaining or 10+ years of applicable work experience.
• Experience in Analog, Digital, Optical and/or RF test and debug techniques of low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Experience in various levels of testing; Functional, ESS, System
• Experience in Factory Automation and Automated Test Equipment design.
• Experience with Labview test programming language.
• Experience with Test Executives; experience with TestStand is a bonus.
• Experience with the use of databases is a bonus.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Superior problem solving skills.
• Prioritize along critical path and meet project milestones and deliverables.
• Track and present project status.
• Develop and present technical presentations.
• Weekend Support Required
• Travel Required
|Darlene Corrubia||Massachusetts, East Coast||3318|