Please note that due to the confidential nature of our work, not all searches that we undertake will be listed here.
|ID||Position||Location||Client||Description||Recruiter||Location Keywords||ID #|
|3652||Project Engineer, Strategic Alliances – Telecom Link||NJ - Central||Our client is a division of a large international publicly traded supplier of communication services. They provide customers with unrivaled market expertise, the highest audience figures year upon year, and an unmatched level of service excellence. Our client maintains offices in the United States, Europe, South America and Asia.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Project Engineer of Strategic Alliances to support the management of third party commercial relationships such as associated services in fiber and IP. This candidate will manage all associated expenditure, budgets, cost control and strategy while working with other engineering functions, sales and market development.
• Provide direct support to the Manager of Strategic Alliances to cost and provision vehicle control services on a global basis.
• Manage and track commercial contracts with third party telecom links. Negotiate technical, commercial, and contractual terms.
• Create and generate reports detailing both commercial and engineering aspects of services, plus input into periodic reviews to improve cost effectiveness.
• Manage ground infrastructure projects implemented at third party telecom links.
• Interface directly with System Engineering and Operations groups to review project technical and operational requirements.
• Generate project plans and track costs for third party service implementations.
• Liaise directly with Sales, Accounting, and Market Development groups throughout the planning and implementation phases and major projects.
• Work closely with legal to develop and refine contractual documents required to implement third party services.
• Research, qualify, and select third party telecom link sites as needed to support the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• 7 years of experience in network implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
• Industry knowledge of key ground segment equipment vendors and teleport operators.
• Analytical skills are essential
• Ability to work in multifunctional project teams and respond quickly in technical environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with international customers and contractors.
• Knowledge of SAP helpful
• Moderate international travel
• Strong negotiation skills
|Brad Meehan||New Jersey, East||3652|
|3653||IT Operations Engineer||NJ - Central||Our client is a division of a large international publicly traded supplier of communication services. They provide customers with unrivaled market expertise, the highest audience figures year upon year, and an unmatched level of service excellence. Our client maintains offices in the United States, Europe, South America and Asia.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for an IT Operations Engineer of the company’s infrastructure. This engineer will be directly responsible for the installation, monitoring, operation and support of the company’s IT install base while working in collaboration with the service desk, security, systems and network engineering teams.
• Install, operate and support the company’s global IT Infrastructure including Networking, Security, Systems and Telephony.
• Proactively monitor the internal IT Infrastructure through enterprise monitoring tools
• Proactively monitor the internet, MPLS and telephony connectivity and work with the providers on incidents
• Provide support to internal and external customers for clarification of technical matters and the resolution of technical issues
• Work actively with the incident management tool
• Creation of incident reports for major incidents
• Work on learning new technologies that fall under the responsibility of the IT Operations team
• Be able to understand all stakeholders in the service delivery process
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Willingness to travel globally on occasional basis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
• At least 3-5 years of applicable professional experience
• Vendor Certifications preferred
• Good communication skills and team-spirit
• Strong technical understanding of the IT landscape and related technical skills
• Troubleshooting skills
• An entrepreneurial mindset
• Interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of operational principles
|Brad Meehan||New Jersey, East||3653|
|3650||Buyer/Planner Optoelectronics – Northeast||Northeast||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world’s largest networks.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Buyer Planner of Optoelectronics. Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, this candidate will join the NPI Team to execute NPI demand requirements for Engineering and transition to pre-production requirements. This is a highly visible position that deals with all levels of the company including senior leaders.
• Set up suppliers in ERP system for new products
• Responsible for the facilitation and transfer to contract manufacturers
• Manage variables in the demand requirements, such as NPI forecasts, strategic inventory planning, ensuring allocation for builds are coordinated
• Lead communication for material availability and identification and escalation of material gates
• Facilitate supply chain transition as NPI product transfers to Contract Manufacturers
• Coordinate with team members to ensure the availability of parts/materials to meet development and production schedules
• Coordinate work flow between departments of manufacturing plant to ensure NPI schedules and requirements are met
• Strategic agility and creativity with analytical and effective problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to accept new ideas, engage in creative, innovative and systemic thinking
• Strong ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to listen, influence and lead in a constructive & productive manner
• Extremely detailed oriented with ability to recall details and historical background on projects and contracts
• Ability to work with numerous priorities and meet deadlines as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
• 5 plus years experience in buyer/planner role
• Experience in manufacturing, continuous improvement activities
• APICS certification / CPIM a plus
• Extensive knowledge of ERP systems, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Solid knowledge of programs – Microsoft Project, PowerPoint
• Occasional travel up to 5%-10%
|Brad Meehan||Northeast, East, Massachusetts, Boston, New England||3650|
|3645||Director, Managed Services - Operations/Business Development||US - Major Hub||Our client is a publicly traded networking solutions provider that reaches public and private organizations across the globe. It has supported companies in wireless communications for over 20 years, improving performance for customer networks through innovative IP efficiency.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Business Operations Leader. This leader will deploy strategic account plans from research and analysis of competition to move the company into new verticals and accounts.
• Improve NOC further towards industry best practices and standards.
• Monitor existing client networks to better extend services into new customers, transforming support opportunities into value added benefits for the company’s services.
• Guide the leadership of the services portfolio to better position the company and then manage the delivery team to make sure the highest quality services are delivered at an economical price.
• Develop new business through a traditional vertical client base
• Work alongside business development teams to make sure that operations can support customer requirements
• Support the growth of the service portfolio and market position through added value
• Grow the managed services business of Networks NOC, including both corrective and preventative measures and security
• Offer leadership to the continued growth of the Networks NOC infrastructure including the team, practices and tools
• Define the strategic initiatives required to evolve the Networks NOC into a top of the line ability built on industry recognized practices
• Close new business agreements through coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Responsible for continued communications into the managed services customers to deal with escalations and priorities produced by these customers.
• Own P&L of the managed service business in America that depends on the NOC as crucial part of offering to customers.
• Offer guidance to teams trying to grow local NOC capabilities
• Communicate sales and support teams to promote awareness of customer engagement and value proposition development and delivery
• Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, technology, or engineering. MBA is a plus.
• Successful record of discovering and closing Managed Service opportunities
• Cisco and security certifications are a plus
• 15+ years’ experience in a NOC
• 10+ years’ experience in technical sales or marketing in the equipment telecom space
• Track record of meeting and exceeding quotas related to the positioning of services across a diverse client base
• Knowledge of Ethernet/IP networking as well as experience in Network Monitoring and Maintenance requirements, and the tools / capabilities required to support these areas
• Solid written communication and presentation skills
• Excellent people skills and management ability to interact with colleagues and cross-functional teams, as well as third parties.
• Must be able to travel a minimum 35% – 40%
|Brad Meehan||Texas, South, southwest, south west, west, remote, travel||3645|
|3638||NY Enterprise Sales Representative – Enterprise/SLED||NYC||Our client is a global and publicly traded networking technology leader with a track record of growing revenue and profitability during some of the most challenging economic times. During the last 10 years the company has built a strong revenue stream with new product expansion, acquisitions and globalization. In 2013 the company announced very impressive wins for the company (financial, product and customer wins).||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Sr. Sales Representative to cover New York City. The Sales Representative will have sales responsibility for assigned Enterprise accounts and interaction with channel partners. This position requires an Account Manager with strong account strategy, relationship development, large system sales background and an ability to handle many competing priorities within customer accounts. Candidates should have an understanding of networking technology and optical systems.
• Aid targeted account and regional sales efforts
• Create and execute Regional Sales strategy to reach and exceed sales quota
• Provide required monthly progress and forecast reports
• Develop a strong understanding of the customer’s business model as well as optical and data solutions
• Collaborate with extended company team, including executive team, product marketing, product management, and sales operations in an effort to fulfill sales and revenue objectives
• Handle direct sales activities requiring product presentations at all levels of management
• Coordinate and interact with channel partners sales and SE organizations
• Thorough understanding of the Company product line, features and solutions
• Ability to identify customers business objectives and leverage them to drive buying criteria
• Working knowledge of the competitive landscape and the regional business market
• Overall responsibility for the Sales and Fulfillment process associated with the regional activities
• Performs other duties as requested/assigned.
• Large scale solution sales experience
• Extensive experience in Sales, Account Management, and Sales Management
• Strong Data Networking background is necessary.
• Solid understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies.
• Optical Networking background required.
• Bachelor’s (Technical or Business) or relevant work experience
• 5+ years system sales, system engineering, product management or combination
• Management and leadership skills to drive regional activities to achieve business objectives
• Ability to prioritize, organize and operate in a fast moving, aggressive environment.
• Excellent analytical, collaborative, communications and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, with exceptional discipline to work independently in order to assure success
• Highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle many competing priorities within multiple accounts
• Track record of selling to the Large Enterprise, Healthcare, SLED
• Willingness to travel frequently
|Darlene Corrubia||New York, NYC||3638|
|3573||VP/Sr. Director of Sales Operations||MA - Boston||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world’s largest networks.||he Opportunity|
Our Client is seeking a VP of Sales Operations. This role is critical to Company’s ability to manage and provide world class service to its customers. This individual will not only help define, implement and oversee processes and procedures, but will audit and continually improve upon them. This role requires a dynamic individual who is driven to solve problems with numerous stake holders both inside and outside the company.
Lead a small team in the following
ERP system and processes
Sales processes in Company’s ERP system including end to end order fulfillment
Proposal, MOU/LOI, contract, quote, forecast, order entry, ship, bill, collect payment customer information (Shipping/Billing locations, Payment terms, Shipping terms, preferred freight forwarder, etc.)
Work with sales team to define, implement and maintain sales reporting
Design funnel, proposals, deal tracking, revenue, RMAs, etc.
Set contracts in support of negotiation team
Volume forecasts utilizing the sales force to obtain 6 month rolling forecasts from customers
Order entry process – ensure orders are entered in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with negotiated T’s & C’s or Company’s T’s & C’s.
Escalation point to resolve customer problems in a professional and timely manner
Finance with account reconciliation, discrepancies and accurate processing of credits and returns
Processes that deliver work class service to Company’s customers
10-15 years’ experience in a communications component/sub-system or systems company, optical communications preferred
BS in Business or equivalent degree (MBA preferred)
Experience growing and scaling a sales support organization and processes
Proficiency in sales order entry systems and processes, ERP system expertise
Must have experience with International Carriers and Terms – UPS, FedEx, Ex Works, FCA, etc..
Must be able to deal with internal/external customers professionally at all times
Analytical, detail oriented, with an emphasis on data integrity and accuracy
Works well under stress and deadlines in a diverse environment
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through on commitments on/before they are due
Must be team oriented as well as a task master
|Darlene Corrubia||Boston, Massachusetts, Northeast, east||3573|
|3631||Director Solutions Architect & Product Management – International Public/Private Services||VA - North||Our Client|
Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source. Because of the company’s growth vision which is heavily driven by Customer Experience, Innovation, and Partner Enablement, each Business Unit has the feel and freedom and culture of a startup with the backing of a dedicated global parent.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Senior Level Network Architecture/Solutions/Product Management professional (a WAN & IP SME and Solution Evangelist). Reporting to the VP of International Public/Private Internet Services this individual will be a vital member of a small global team chartered with the successful roll out and growth for a cutting edge public/private cloud connection platform rolling out in the North American region. This individual will interact with internal teams as well as Fortune 500 Enterprises at CIO and Senior Network Architect levels to identify and challenge evolving needs, guide requirements, build partner relationships, and develop innovative service solutions. He/she will take the responsibility to formulate product strategy and provide product support as this position will guide many aspects of the offering including definition and road map, requirements documentation, program materials, and customer experience. This individual will also provide training to Pre-Sales/Solutions Engineering team on product offering from both technical and commercial viewpoints. This position will work together with IP Engineering, Service Delivery, and Global Access Strategy team to define the best solution based on customer requirement for large RFPs among Fortune 500 Enterprise customers. This position needs to work closely with IP Business Development team for regional partner selection and evaluation.
Formulate regional product strategy
Provide support for regional sales / pre-sales team to enable them with the latest product offering on both technical and commercial areas
Formulate strategy and validate major RFPs/Bids based on the solution framework defined together with Engineering and Service Delivery team
Provide training and daily support to pre-sales engineering teams
Evaluate and explore new solution concepts based on RFP trends and feedback to Product Management team for new product development initiatives
Prepare documentation on product material and proposal templates
At least 8 years of experience in Internet Access performing functions similar to the ones listed above and possess a solid understanding of Core and Edge networking architectures and integration of these networks to Enterprise Networks as well as to top cloud services including Amazon, Microsoft and Google, etc.
Solid experience in solution formulation, business/partnership development and product management in the Telecom Industry.
Knowledge and skill set in Internet business and solution formulation.
Experience developing Global Cloud Infrastructure with scattered endpoints but also significant aggregation points in key data centers, the challenge is providing the mix of public and private IP connections to meet growing demand.
Network Architectures that deliver quality of experience in smart network infrastructure, advanced operations support, and value-added application enablement solutions environments using technologies: MPLS, Ethernet, Global IP Networks, Network Access, Network Operations, VPN, CoS, OSS, BSS, Advanced routing protocols (class-ful/classless, Distance-vector/Link-state, dynamic, virtual, QoS).
Experience working these solutions outwardly with senior customer and partner architects helping them drive efficiency by optimizing network utilization, simplifying access arrangements, working alternative options and service delivery models.
Proven expertise in mapping business requirements to marketing specifications and working inwardly with the network engineering teams.
Ability to set priorities, develop and execute a clear and concise plan, and drive execution.
Must have exceptional written communications and presentation skills.
Strong understanding of product development processes and challenges.
Experience working as part of fast-paced team in a rapidly developing, 24*7 type environment, helping to build processes, best practices and tools while executing on initiatives.
Experience in a start-up environment and/or starting a new business in large organization.
International experience and experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
BS/MS or equiv. in a technical discipline is expected, MBA or equivalent experience is desirable.
|3611||Regional Sales Manager, Enterprise – Central Region||TX / IL / MO||Our client has been a global leader in networking solutions for over 20 years and is seeking key talent as the company expands its product suite to improve the service provider customers’ performance and price in multiple layers of the network.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Regional Sales Manager for the Central Region for our client, a well-established and successful networking technology maker. Reporting to the VP of North American Sales, this Regional Sales Manager is responsible for prospecting, developing, and maintaining customers throughout the central US region.
• Develop and execute on Account Plans resulting in quota attainment
• Sales prospecting (cold calling, industry events, networking events, etc.)
• Provide written, oral, and CRM based updates to management as scheduled or as required
• Meet or exceed defined quotas
• Participate in company sponsored Professional Development exercises
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
• Professionally represent the company directly with customers, partners, and affiliates
• Participate in marketing programs
• Participate in writing white papers
• Collaboration with other company departments as required
• BS, BA, or Equivalent Work Experience in the Industry
• 7+ years of direct Quota Carrying Sales Experience
• 5+ years of direct sales involving Telecommunications Equipment
• Experience working within a multi-channel environment, creating and managing sales leads through Partner relationships while balancing direct selling objectives
• Must possess thorough understanding of Carrier, Service Provider, and Enterprise Markets
• Must demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Optical Networking, Metro Ethernet, and Wave Division Multiplexing
• Must demonstrate the professional sales skills required to prospect, develop, and maintain customers
• Must possess strong communication skills
• Must demonstrate strong presentation skills
|Anna DeNardo||Texas, Illinois, Chicago, Austin, Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Missouri, Central||3611|
|3615||Regional Account Manager – Enterprise Pacific Northwest||Denver / Seattle||Our Client|
Our client, a publicly traded company with 20+ years of continuous growth, is a provider of high speed telecommunications and networking products. The company has consistently gained dominant leadership positions with world-class engineering, manufacturing, reliability and support. Their solutions maximize network performance, lower costs, and help companies achieve the best return on investment.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Regional Account Manager. This person will be responsible for selling company networking technology solutions through channels and into enterprise customers in the assigned region. The Regional Account Manager will manage all resources involved in the generation of sales and revenue. The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for directing the day-to-day activities and long-term goals of the sales team.
• Develop end user relationships within the region.
• Create relationships with Sales Channels within the region.
• Execute marketing initiatives in region for company’s wireless products.
• Maintain a current working knowledge of company’s products, various forms of current technology and future industry trends.
• Develop an understanding of relevant competitive solutions, products, and services.
• Support industry trade shows, meetings and seminars.
• Grow and maintain a sales channel made up primarily of VARs, systems integrators and strategic partners from which most sales orders are fulfilled.
• Meet with the existing customers and spend significant time identifying new sales opportunities.
• Offer technical/sales support (demos, evaluations, and training) for accounts in assigned region.
• Perform technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects.
• Assist in the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• Actively participate in product requirements and direction.
• Maintain customer and opportunity details in SalesForce.com.
• Coordinate sales and marketing efforts with the Channel Sales Representative through recruitment of new resellers, keeping reseller sales personnel database up-to-date, scheduling regional company University seminars, and other activities designed to increase region revenue.
• Submit monthly reports consisting of sales reports, top opportunities, forecasts, and expenses.
• Generate annual forecasting revenue reports.
• Other projects and assignments may arise and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
• Manage and schedule team’s day-to-day activities to ensure product support.
• Schedule and ensure sales staff is able to attend necessary training on new products and technologies in order to provide exceptional support to customers.
• Manage the Engineering staff and review the timeliness and accuracy of their work.
• Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview and hire new and/or replacement requisitions.
• Work with reporting director to set quarterly and yearly department and corporate objectives as they relate back to Sales.
• 5+ years experience selling networking solutions to the enterprise customers.
• Prior experience in management is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Science
• Proficient in Windows OS and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Applicant should have a thorough understanding of IP networking and Wi-Fi WLANs.
• Frequent travel is expected for this role
|Anna DeNardo||Colorado, Washington, West coast, Utah, Salt Lake, Portland, Oregon||3615|
|3618||Optical Networking Application Engineer – Bilingual Mandarin||MA - Boston||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world’s largest networks.||The Opportunity|
The System Application Engineer (SAE) requires 10 or more years of design/customer support experience in Optical/Network Communications. This is an important position at the company with senior management visibility. There are three primary functions to the SAE role:
The SAE should have a strong understanding how the company’s solutions work in target customer applications. This knowledge will be documented in product literature that customers can easily understand enabling a smooth implementation of our products and technology.
The SAE should have proven problem resolution skills. This means he/she will be able to comprehend customer’s systems and quickly recommend the best solution. Additionally, the SAE is expected to support Evaluation Board and Module brought up at customer’s labs. Several times per year this may result in onsite visits to the customer’s labs. This also includes diagnosing, confirming and solving customer technical issues within the RMA process.
The SAE will be an important member of the Technical team contributing to product concepts and features with appropriate status and influence. He/she will routinely attend product roadmap and strategy meetings with management.
BSEE/MSEE or higher degree with 10+ years of experience
Excellent verbal and written communications and problem solving skills required
Network/System/Sub system level understanding
Developing comprehensive working knowledge of customer systems
Proven ability to write/contribute to product documentation
Product Specification, Applications notes, User Manual, White papers
Evaluation board support
Work with engineering, customers and partners to define/specify evaluation board requirements
Customer Support – Level 1 and 2 support (level 3 is handled by R&D)
Strategic Partner support – establish peer to peer relationships with engineers at Strategic Partners
Internal/External advocate – ability to advocate for the customer internally while advocating for company externally drawing a deliberate balance between sometimes opposing views and objectives
Customer RFI/RFP support
Participate in selected conferences and trade shows – OFC, ECOC
Participate in and/or Monitor standards bodies (as assigned) – OIF, IEEE
Product Roadmap – contribute feature/function ideas for inclusion in product roadmap
|3589||Sr. Manager Product Management – Enterprise Managed Services||Bay Area / NJ||Our Client|
Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Product Manager of Enterprise & Managed Services. This candidate will lead a team to drive P&L management for product portfolio through product development and management, sales support and enablement discussions with customers, sales, engineering, and operations teams. This is a tactical role, providing a marked contribution to defining the product strategy, direction of new products, processes, standards or operational plans based upon business strategy with a significant mid-term impact on business unit’s overall results. The candidate will manage the product life cycle for on premise equipment sold by the company that result in delivering viable product offerings to the marketplace and specify market requirements of the product by:
• Conducting market research
• Discussions with customers and noncustomers
• Feedback from sales organizations on customer needs
• Articulate and develop service requirements definition and roadmap for UCC services, including product portfolio, service design, and packaged offerings catering to different customer segments.
• Work with third party suppliers to source product and services to complete UCC service offerings.
• Define and articulate the business case, value proposition and positioning of the UCC Services. Develop appropriate materials to communicate value proposition to both sales and end-customers, and conduct appropriate training and dissemination.
• Develop enterprise professional services and wholesale white label services for UCC leveraging the company’s assets, infrastructure and capabilities
• Develop and implement the go to market plans, working with other departments including Marketing, Sales and delivery organizations
• Monitor and manage the service performance against key performance metrics
• Develop and drive the service roadmap for new features and enhancements to Collaboration Services to continuously maintain competitive advantage and value proposition in the marketplace
• Leverage and integrate other service offerings such as Messaging, Security services, networks to provide compelling value proposition and reduced total cost of ownership for the clients
• 10-12 years in telecommunications industry in techno-commercial assignments
• Degree in Engineering
• PMP certification is desirable
• Identify problems and suggest inputs to product development and engineering team to significantly improve process or fulfill service realization and operationalize product/service and associated costs individual contributor in regions
• Involved in planning and strategizing of new and existing products
• Impact of decisions made is mid-term in nature
• Typically has small to medium profit and loss responsibility for a product portfolio
• May lead regional projects for a specific product portfolio, and also participate as a team member for other projects
• Specify market requirements of the product by conducting market research, discussions with customers and non-customers and getting feedback from sales organizations on customer needs
|Matthew Reaves||Bay Area, California, San Francisco, West coast, West, New Jersey, NJ, East coast||3589|
|3571||Regional Carrier Sales Executive-Telecom/Fiber Components||US - Major Hub||Our client is a small US based manufacturer of fiber optic components. Created more than 20 years ago they are a well-established company – well-known and respected by their large network of customers both in North America and worldwide. All of their products meet Telcordia/Belcore GR-326 standards and they are ISO 9001 certified. They are well known by their giant competitors. They are currently expanding their direct sales force to match rapid growth in the industry and are seeking strong candidates that fit in the company culture that promotes hard work, attention to detail, and taking pride in providing efficient products and responsive customer service.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Regional Carrier Sales Executive. This role will report to the company president and will be responsible to grow profitable business in the Telecom Carrier (Tier 1/2/3) and Cable/MSO space in the United States and Canada by leveraging the company’s portfolio of products and core competencies when creating customized solutions for customers. This position will work remote (in home office) and be responsible for direct sales activity within a pre-determined territory. This position will spend more than 50% of the time outside making sales calls, traveling to clients, etc.
• Establish and maintain complete and up to date information on target accounts. This includes a thorough understanding of the account’s needs, history, plans, issues, forecasting, organizational structure, strategies, existing business alliances and key competitors.
• Proposal and pricing development, negotiations.
• Follow through on sales transactions, specify appropriate standards, price and credit terms
• Directly aide marketing/ business development activities
• Administrative responsibilities related to record keeping, reporting and sales projections
• 8+ years of direct outside sales experience (HUNTER) in Tier 1/2/3 Carrier and Cable/MSO markets
• Successful sales experience in the Telecommunications field (wire, cabling, fiber optics)
• History of successful sales goal achievements in these markets – active rolodex
• Strong understanding of fiber optic networking technology
• Very strong interpersonal, organizational and especially communications skills.
• Understanding of technical specifications of telecommunications networking
• Ability to sell in both short and long term arenas, develop account activity
• Strong presentation and negotiations skills – professional image and demeanor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
|Matthew Reaves||East coast, New York, New Jersey, NJ, NY, Remote, Virtual||3571|
|3539||Senior Director of Sales NA||US - Major Hub||Our Client|
Our client has been a global leader in networking solutions for over 20 years and is seeking key talent as the company expands its product suite to improve the service provider customers’ performance and price in multiple layers of the network.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search to find a Senior Sales Director NA to manage 5 Regional Sales Managers and Directors responsible for Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers in each region of the US. This newly created role will report to the VP of Sales Americas, who will run Major accounts (Tier 1’s) and Verticals while the new hire takes over the RSM’s in each region for Tier 2 and 3 accounts. The new Senior Director will need to hire 2 additional RSM’s and will also have an opportunity to expand territory into other parts of the Americas.
• 10+ years selling and leading a team of 5+ reports responsible for selling networking technology to service providers.
• Extensive relationships with a successful history of sales to Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers.
• Understanding of multiple service network architecture, IP networking, optical networking, DWDM, carrier ethernet and some layer 3 technologies.
• Strong comfort level coaching a sales team on the presentation of technical material and engineering network solutions to provide a good customer fit and economical solutions for the company.
• Must be capable of working with team members, product planning and business management teams effectively to develop business models which specifically benefit customers.
• Strong self-starter capable of working and managing direct reports effectively in a remote work environment.
• Must be able to hire and manage a dedicated team of sales professionals to develop and execute sales strategies and drive sales growth.
|Darlene Corrubia||United States, north america, |
New Hampshire, NH,
New Jersey, NJ,
New Mexico, NM,
New York, NY,
North Carolina, NC,
North Dakota, ND,
Rhode Island, RI,
South Carolina, SC,
South Dakota, SD,
West Virginia, WV,
|3010||Sr. Technical Recruiter / Account Manager||NJ - Brielle / Remote||Common Agenda is a senior level professional and executive search firm leveraging over 25 years of success in partnering with progressive companies in the quest for exceptional talent.|
Building organizations from the top-down or the bottom up; whether for the smallest start-up venture, a mid-sized company, or a large multi-billion dollar industry leader, Common Agenda has the experience and capabilities to meet each client's specific recruiting need. We strive to bring the highest level of service and professionalism to each search project we undertake.
|On day one, you will jump right in, learning about the clients we serve – companies whose products and services analyze, enable, protect or test technology Applications, Infrastructures, Intellectual Property, and Services in Telecom and IT. You’ll be tasked with filling current open requirements as well as identifying new ones. You will find and qualify new leads, sell the benefits of working with Common Agenda, and bring new clients to the company. Once you’ve landed a new client, you’ll be the point person on their account, helping to meet all of their recruiting needs and acting as a Subject Matter Expert on all topics in recruiting and hiring.|
We expect you to be savvy, hardworking, and intelligent. You should have a natural curiosity about the way things work and an excitement for learning new things. Because we embrace a collaborative approach where employees are encouraged to bounce ideas off one another, strong interpersonal skills are key. Our team members are confident in themselves and their ideas. They trust their instincts and are never nervous on the phone, whether talking to a junior level engineer or the CEO of an industry-leading company.
- Maintain a pipeline of “A-player” candidates through networking, cold calling and other creative means of research
- Screen prospective candidates to evaluate company fit, technical ability, and interest
- Mentor candidates through hiring process from resume writing, interviewing and offer acceptance
- Present Common Agenda to prospective clients as a solution to their hiring needs
- Work closely with Account and Operations Managers to ensure we meet our recruiting goals
- Meet and exceed all weekly, monthly and quarterly performance targets
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- 3+ years experience in a sales environment with a record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Experience building and nurturing relationships with clients, leads, and prospects
- Demonstrated success sourcing leads through referrals, warm and cold calling
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High-energy with polished and persuasive written and verbal skills
- Technical savviness with the intellectual curiosity to learn new things on a daily basis
- Strong commitment to ethics, integrity, and quality
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
|Bill Rowe||New Jersey, East Coast, Virtual||3010|