Please note that due to the confidential nature of our work, not all searches that we undertake will be listed here.
|ID||Position||Location||Client||Description||Recruiter||Location Keywords||ID #|
|3705||Principal Systems Engineer - Long-Haul Optics||US - South||Our public NEM client specializes in innovative high-capacity optical network network infrastructures that enables operators, content providers, data center operators, enterprises and government entities infrastructure for inter-continental, regional and enterprise applications. Excellent compensation and benefits package including: stock options, 90% company-paid medical/dental insurance, 401(k), 3 weeks vacation.||Common Agenda has been entrusted to find a Principal Systems Engineer – Long-Haul Optics who will work on fiber optic transmission systems and have experience with BER measurements, nonlinear optical penalties, equipment interfacing, and system design and optimization. |
• MS with 8 years / PhD with 5 years experience in an optical communications field, or equivalent.
• A strong theoretical understanding of optical transport
• Past experience with transponder optical technologies / design / transmission formats and prior technical publications would be beneficial.
• Must be able to work independently and coordinate activities with other engineering personnel.
• Some travel to participate in customer system deployments is expected.
|Matthew Reaves||Texas, Dallas, Central||3705|
|3710||Sr. Solutions Architect - Pre-Sales||NJ - Central||Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.||Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Sr. Solution Architect – Solutions Engineering to provide both a consultancy service to customers and support to the sales teams in the Enterprise arena. Use knowledge of the company’s products and services to translate customer requirements into functional, effective and appropriate solutions for the prospective customer base.|
• Support the development of business opportunities in conjunction with the sales team. Where appropriate provide consultancy to aid customers in the development of their requirements.
• Understand customer requirements, assist in the qualification processes and by utilizing the company’s standard product and services portfolio to create a suitable solution in concept.
• Actively participate in the RFI/RFP process and development of the technical aspects of proposals in line with customer needs, liaising and qualifying with other colleagues as necessary. Present technical solutions to customers both formally and informally as required
• Author the Technical Sections of Proposals for prospective customers for handover to low level design.
• Participate with sales in winning customer commitment by carrying out specific tasks called for by the sales campaign plan. Generally, this will include presenting the company's technical competence and the customer specific technical solution.
• Validate appropriate order documentation initiated by sales prior to submission to the order desk or in the case of projects, to brief Project Management and Engineering to ensure they are equipped to deliver the solution.
• Provide additional information and advice to Service Delivery and to Operations and answer referrals, during the implementation phase of a sold service.
• Ensure that customer solutions remain fit for purpose throughout their lifecycle by conducting regular customer reviews and initiating appropriate change. To keep the customer aware of emerging technologies, products and services.
• Work closely with the sales team in the ‘Account Planning/Development’ process and support their understanding of how products and services can be applied in the customer environment. To execute the agreed SE actions from that planning process.
• Maintain and develop knowledge of telecommunications products and services, specifically related to an assigned ‘Subject Matter Expert’ area.
• Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organization to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions.
• Successful track record in the telecommunications arena ideally from a global Tier1 ISP or Network Provider, with at least two years of experience and demonstrable track record in designing complex enterprise voice solution (SIP, hosted PBX, Contact Center etc.) solutions.
• Industry Certifications such as CCDP or CCNP. Additionally or alternatively an equivalent Voice certification.
• Data networking experience including: MPLS, IP-VPN, Ethernet, Leased Line / Private Line technologies, Backbone Transmission. Routing protocols and Quality of Service technologies and LAN/WAN industry architecture.
• Converged network Voice experience including: SIP trunking, VoIP, IPT, Hosted Voice solutions
• Ability to work closely with sales executives, with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle with contract negotiation and business case understanding.
• Previous Sales Engineering positions held with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Time Management Skills – Ability to multi task and meet multiple timelines
• Strong written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional business image
• Customer focused, Results oriented. Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design
• Experience of developing long-term business relationships within key decision makers in large organizations.
• Experience of teaming effectively with others across different disciplines, functions and organizations.
• Experience in designing managed voice solution, utilizing SIP, Hosted IPT technologies.
• Experience in designing Contact Center (premise-based or cloud-based) solution.
• Experience in designing Skype for Business (premise-based or cloud-based) solution.
• Experience in Video Conferencing design with Tandberg, Polycom and associated Video Conferencing technologies
|Matthew Reaves||New Jersey, Monmouth, Tri-State||3710|
|3687||Business Development/Account Manager - SaaS via Carrier Channel||NY/NJ Metro||Our client is a publically traded global leader providing online security and privacy software with a presence in more than 100 countries and major offices in Europe, Asia, and the US. The company has a solid record of growth and industry leading innovation for over 20 years. Through more than 200 operator partners globally, millions of broadband customer use our client’s services. A career with our client combines the opportunity of a global organization with the spirit and energy of a small company with competitive pay, excellent benefits, and growth!||Common Agenda has been engaged to recruit a Business Development/Account Manager with specific knowledge of the Telecom Operator/Carrier/Service Provider as the Channel to the Consumer space. Reporting to the Director of NA Operator Sales, this Individual Contributor position, part of a small team, drives revenue through executing specialized projects and recognizing/taking complex dependencies into account in problem solving that wins business.|
This position will be responsible for implementing business strategies and developing and executing account business plans to achieve revenue growth and profitable business relationships. Ensuring ongoing comprehensive support and service to named accounts based on agreements, the Business Development/Account Manager will develop and maintain professional knowledge and understanding of our client’s products, services and their customers’/partners’ business. Tasked with identifying new revenue opportunities with major accounts, the selected individual will be responsible for retaining and developing long-term customer/partner relationships, serving as a liaison and advocate between the customer/partner and our client’s internal business units.
The Business Development/Account Manager will be responsible for introduction of new products and services as they are introduced, and will recommend and sell products and services that are available and fit well with customers’/partners’ business needs. Additional responsibilities include: • Responsible for revenue, growth and enhancing the company’s position and opportunities within named and new accounts.
• Ensure development, acceptance and implementation of account plans including sales targets, call plans, relationship development and other sales and account management activities.
• Negotiate new and manage existing contracts including pricing recognizing profitability targets.
• Implement and make use of established and proven account management process, related tools and competence development.
• Prepare and deliver sales and account reports and business forecasts in SFDC.
• Monitor customer reports and trigger invoicing and other relevant actions.
• Provide input and feedback on sales/product issues for product/solution management.
• Ensure resolution of customer enquiries and complaints in cooperation with various business units.
• Enhance and activate relevant top management networks and relationships.
• Drive development, implementation and follow-up of marketing activities.
• Recognize customer/partner related issues, incidents and problems and ensure quick corrective actions.
• Ensure communication and information transfer within own unit and to all relevant interfaces.
Candidate Requirements: Prospective candidates should have the following profile:
• Hunter mentality with proven track record of Identifying Market Opportunities, Consultative Selling, and Account Management in Telecom B2B and/or B2C market.
• 2-5 or more years of experience in Telecom Operator/Carrier/Service Provider as the Channel to the Consumer market.
• Well-organized, tenacious, self-driven, polished professional who has built solid and loyal business relationships with customers & resellers.
• Strong negotiation skills and business acumen.
• Solid presentation/communication skills, with ability to adapt to different situations but still deliver results and meet customer expectations.
• Expertise in the use of CRM tools (Salesforce preferred) specifically to prepare/deliver accurate sales reports and forecasts.
• Innovative Business Modeling experience
|Matthew Reaves||New York, New Jersey, Tri-State||3687|
|2778||Senior PIC Product Designer||NJ - Central||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world’s largest networks.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Senior PIC Designer. This selected candidate will be a key member in a cross functional management team that drives PIC products from concept to prototype to profitable portfolio.
• Manage successful product development
• Must have a deep understanding of the product life cycle
• Work closely with the customer facing team in getting customer requirements and meeting expectations.
• Work closely with the engineering team in product specifications, qualification and risk mitigation
• Work closely with operations team in supply chain security, manufacturability, capacity ramp-up and cost reduction.
• MS in Optical/Electronic Engineering or Physics
• At least 10 years of experience in optical communication transport. Hands-on experience in systems development projects.
• Experience in router/switching, metro access, metro core, metro regional and long haul
• Must understand optical coherent communication
• At least 5 years in product management and engineering.
• Must have significant experience in full product life cycle with more than one product.
• At least 5 years of experience with customer interactions, preferably at least one Tier 1 customer.
• Self-motivated with strong leadership ability to influence team and manage complex products
• Must have brought at least one optical telecommunications product successfully to market
|Darlene Corrubia||New Jersey, east||2778|
|3570||Sales Director – Long Haul Optical, North American Tier 2/3||U.S. Major Hub||Our public NEM client specializes in innovative high-capacity optical network network infrastructures that enables operators, content providers, data center operators, enterprises and government entities infrastructure for inter-continental, regional and enterprise applications. Excellent compensation and benefits package including: stock options, 90% company-paid medical/dental insurance, 401(k), 3 weeks vacation.||Common Agenda has been entrusted to recruit a dynamic, driven sales leader for products and services within North America. This individual must have sales experience with a strong business acumen. They will be responsible for sales activities of the organization in North America by developing and implementing strategic sales plans to ultimately close Terrestrial based deals.|
Identify and work with accounts to provide solutions, develop new business, ensure customer satisfaction and maintain strong ongoing relationships
Ability to separate tactical from strategic opportunities and to apply a variety of sales strategies as may be required in order to close each opportunity
Meeting/Exceeding sales booking and revenue targets
Design and implement a business approach/plan to win customers and maximize the profitable selling of products and services
Ability to generate an aggressive forecast and meet it
Provide required status/progress and forecast reports
Strong knowledge of market intelligence with respect to competitors and customer base
Data Center both Regional and Metro focused
Tier 1, 2 & 3 carriers
CSP’s and CDN’s
Strong understanding of major account sales and ability to think strategically about new opportunities
Highly motivated, with the ability to handle many competing priorities
Excellent ability to work independently with little supervision
Excellent presentation, communication and computer skills
High integrity, ethics and culture fit
Display strong time management skills
Experience in complex deal negotiating
Proven and established relationships with Executives (VP, C Level)
Proven track record of closing large complex deals in the Regional and Long Haul Optical space
BS Technical or Business Degree preferred or relevant equivalent education/experience equivalent
At least 7-10 years of sales experience in the Optical Networking industry
|Matthew Reaves||US, united states, U.s.||3570|
|3666||Product Engineer – Optical NPI||NJ - North||Our client is a leading innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. Their solutions focus on enabling existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. Across the company, our client has built an environment where individuals at all levels have an opportunity to assume responsibility, actively contribute, and be a part of a result-driven team. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world`s largest networks. A challenging opportunity awaits well-qualified candidates as well as competitive compensation and a strong benefits plan.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Product Engineer to help deliver NPI, life cycle change management and manufacturing and test cost efficiency in complex line cards for optical transport products. Responsibilities includes ensuring that manufacturing processes, tools and documentation are in place to produce high quality products, investigating issues, proposing and implementing solutions, and developing and maintaining a close partnership with R&D, product management, supply chain, and manufacturing teams. There will be a strong focus on testing design, cost reduction and cost efficiency programs and improvements.
• Provide product technical support of initial NPI introduction, volume production and product enhancements through technical assessments and change process
• Perform manufacturability reviews and make recommendations for design improvement
• Manage product deliverables per schedule, including all proto builds and production level technical data transfers
• Identify and communicate design changes and component substitutions
• Work with the Contract Manufacturers (CMs) in refining manufacturing processes to increase production efficiency and improve yield, cycle time and quality
• Provide inputs into system test documents and diagnostics working with the optical team
• Assist in the design of the test stations and write test instruction manuals, including re-work instructions
• Set-up and configure electronic and optical test sets
• Resolve technical issues with CMs
• Develop lean and six-sigma manufacturing strategies, and assist with production-line transfers to CMs
• Travel to Asia will be required during product transfer periods
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Optical Engineering
• 5 years of related experience focused on engineering of high speed optical products and line cards
• Experience with electro-optical, optical transmission and communication systems is essential
• Broad knowledge of global manufacturing and new product introduction processes
• Experience with design for manufacturing assessments techniques and processes
• Demonstrated knowledge of the manufacturing and testing of complex PCBAs, EDFAs and ROADMs or similar telecom/datacom components and technologies.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing (Six Sigma), DFM/DFT and statistical tools
• Experience with setup and configuration of electronic and optical test sets is highly desirable
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Leadership capabilities to manage internal and external teams including CMs and suppliers
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight timelines while maintaining clear headed thinking and performing both strategic and repetitive/routine tasks.
• Must demonstrate: hands-on capability, team orientation, initiative, curiosity, interpersonal competence, and personal and professional integrity.
• Willing to adapt to and accept flexible schedules in order to complete critical projects
|Darlene Corrubia||new jersey, east coast, eastcoast||3666|
|3667||Manufacturing Engineer||NJ - North||Our client is a leading innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. Their solutions focus on enabling existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. Across the company, our client has built an environment where individuals at all levels have an opportunity to assume responsibility, actively contribute, and be a part of a result-driven team. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world`s largest networks. A challenging opportunity awaits well-qualified candidates as well as competitive compensation and a strong benefits plan.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Manufacturing Engineer with experience in optical component and sub-system manufacturing, process development and production line development. Experience with resolving technical issues with CMs, developing lean manufacturing strategies & production line transfers to CMs is highly desirable. Extensive travel (over 50%) to Asia required. An average factory stay ranges from 4 to 6 weeks.
• Key technical liaison for the manufacturing facility in Asia.
• Responsible for resolving technical issues related to optical assembly process with CMs
• Responsible for develop/improve automated production test platforms
• Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes throughout product life cycle
• Create assembly instructions & process documentation
• Review existing processes & enhance them to improve yield, cycle time & quality
• Evaluate materials and assemblies provided by suppliers according to specifications &
• Support production lines moves and/or new product introduction by coordinating quality,
materials, tools, production line layouts, process development, etc.
• Support year over year cycle time reductions
• Support BOM accuracy in cooperation with other functions
• Bachelors or Masters Degree with a minimum of five years manufacturing & process
engineering experience in optical component/sub-system manufacturing.
• Ability to work with and provide direction to production technicians
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFM/DFT & statistical tools
• Technical writing skills
• Technology transfer experience
• Must be able to work in an environment of short notice changes, tolerate interruptions,
and commit to extended work hours as necessary
• Ability to plan and prioritize activities, perform and monitor multiple overlapping
tasks/operations to meet schedule
• Must be able to travel
|Darlene Corrubia||new jersey, east coast, eastcoast||3667|
|3010||Sr. Technical Recruiter / Account Manager||NJ - Brielle / Remote||Common Agenda is a senior level professional and executive search firm leveraging over 25 years of success in partnering with progressive companies in the quest for exceptional talent.|
Building organizations from the top-down or the bottom up; whether for the smallest start-up venture, a mid-sized company, or a large multi-billion dollar industry leader, Common Agenda has the experience and capabilities to meet each client's specific recruiting need. We strive to bring the highest level of service and professionalism to each search project we undertake.
|On day one, you will jump right in, learning about the clients we serve – companies whose products and services analyze, enable, protect or test technology Applications, Infrastructures, Intellectual Property, and Services in Telecom and IT. You’ll be tasked with filling current open requirements as well as identifying new ones. You will find and qualify new leads, sell the benefits of working with Common Agenda, and bring new clients to the company. Once you’ve landed a new client, you’ll be the point person on their account, helping to meet all of their recruiting needs and acting as a Subject Matter Expert on all topics in recruiting and hiring.|
We expect you to be savvy, hardworking, and intelligent. You should have a natural curiosity about the way things work and an excitement for learning new things. Because we embrace a collaborative approach where employees are encouraged to bounce ideas off one another, strong interpersonal skills are key. Our team members are confident in themselves and their ideas. They trust their instincts and are never nervous on the phone, whether talking to a junior level engineer or the CEO of an industry-leading company.
- Maintain a pipeline of “A-player” candidates through networking, cold calling and other creative means of research
- Screen prospective candidates to evaluate company fit, technical ability, and interest
- Mentor candidates through hiring process from resume writing, interviewing and offer acceptance
- Present Common Agenda to prospective clients as a solution to their hiring needs
- Work closely with Account and Operations Managers to ensure we meet our recruiting goals
- Meet and exceed all weekly, monthly and quarterly performance targets
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- 3+ years experience in a sales environment with a record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Experience building and nurturing relationships with clients, leads, and prospects
- Demonstrated success sourcing leads through referrals, warm and cold calling
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High-energy with polished and persuasive written and verbal skills
- Technical savviness with the intellectual curiosity to learn new things on a daily basis
- Strong commitment to ethics, integrity, and quality
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
|Bill Rowe||New Jersey, East Coast, Virtual||3010|