Please note that due to the confidential nature of our work, not all searches that we undertake will be listed here.
|ID||Position||Location||Client||Description||Recruiter||Location Keywords||ID #|
|3377||Sales Engineer – Media/Entertainment Services||U.S. East Coast / Remote & Travel||Our Client|
Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Sales Engineer. Reporting to the Solutions Lead, this Sales Engineer will offer consulting services to customers and support to an East Coast-based sales team. Candidates will help solve customer needs and focus on the broadcast and media environments. Candidates must be able to travel across the country if needed to support the West Coast team.
• Partake in RFI/RFP process and technical proposals while working with a team. Solutions to be presented to customers as needed.
• Author and present technical aspects of proposals for a customer audience
• Validate order documentation from sales before submission or prepare team to deliver the solution
• Offer insight on products to sales team members to help improve customer solutions
• Perform customer reviews and take charge of necessary changes, making customers smarter on new technology and services
• BS in engineering or equivalent in digital media
• 4 – 7 years industry experience in telecom and broadcast, preferably with a tier 1 ISP or broadcasting group; at least 2 years in Sales Engineer role
• Experience in enterprise and media/satellite solutions; converged voice/video solutions; GVPN and IP
• Knowledge of TCP/IP technologies
• Experience in with broadcasters, satellite partners or enterprise clients a plus
• Experience with data center infrastructure solutions, voice/video collaboration technologies or CDN a plus
|Matthew Reaves||East coast, eastern, new jersey, new york, home, virtual, remote||3377|
|3541||Sr./Principal Solutions Engineer – Complex Enterprise||Bay Area / Northern VA||Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a senior-level solutions engineer to provide both a consultancy service to customers and support to the global sales team. This candidate will use knowledge of the company’s products and services to translate customer requirements into functional, effective and appropriate solutions for the prospective customer base.
• To support the development of business opportunities in conjunction with the sales team. Where appropriate provide consultancy to aid customers in the development of their requirements.
• To understand customer requirements, assist in the qualification processes and by utilising the company’s standard product and services portfolio to create a suitable solution in concept.
• Actively participate in the RFI/RFP process and development of the technical aspects of proposals in line with customer needs, liaising and qualifying with other colleagues as necessary. Present technical solutions to customers both formally and informally as required
• To author the Technical Sections of Proposals for prospective customers for handover to low level design.
• To participate with sales in winning customer commitment by carrying out specific tasks called for by the sales campaign plan. Generally, this will include presenting the company’s technical competence and the customer specific technical solution.
• To validate appropriate order documentation initiated by sales prior to submission to the order desk or in the case of projects, to brief Project Management and Engineering to ensure they are equipped to deliver the solution.
• To provide additional information and advice to Service Delivery and to Operations and answer referrals, during the implementation phase of a sold service.
• Ensuring that customer solutions remain fit for purpose throughout their lifecycle by conducting regular customer reviews and initiating appropriate change. To keep the customer aware of emerging technologies, products and services.
• To work closely with the sales team in the ‘Account Planning/Development’ process and support their understanding of how products and services can be applied in the customer environment. To execute the agreed SE actions from that planning process.
• To maintain and develop knowledge of telecommunications products and services, specifically related to an assigned ‘Subject Matter Expert’ area.
• Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organisation to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions.
• Provision of sales support to assigned qualified sales opportunities and turning this into successful business wins.
• Demonstrable maintenance or enhancement of personal technical skills
• Effective working relationship with other departments participating in the sales process
• Demonstrably high level of customer confidence.
• Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent in Computer Networking
• Industry recognized certifications are an added advantage
• Successful track record in the telecommunications arena ideally from a global tier 1 ISP or network provider, with at least 10-12 years’ experience and demonstrable track record in designing complex Carrier and Enterprise solutions.
• In depth understanding and experience in the design of Managed MPLS-VPN, IP and converged voice/video solutions based solutions
• In depth understanding of Transmission, Carrier Ethernet and TCP/IP technologies
• An ability to work closely with sales executives, with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle with contract negotiation and business case understanding.
• Previous Sales Engineering positions held with a minimum of 3-5 year experience in a Senior SE role, with demonstrable technical, commercial (business cases) and contractual negotiation success in large TCV (>$10m) solutions.
• Time Management Skills – Ability to multi task and meet multiple timelines
• Strong written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional business image
• Customer focused, Results oriented. Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design
• Experience of developing long-term business relationships within key decision makers in large organisations.
• Experience of teaming effectively with others across different disciplines, functions and organisations.
• Experience with working and supporting global Carriers and Enterprises
• Voice/Video based collaboration technologies
• Datacenter infrastructure solutions (Hosting, Colocation and Virtualization)
• Mobility Solutions and SS7 signalling
|Matthew Reaves||California, San Francisco, San Jose, West coast, DC metro, virginia||3541|
|3539||Senior Director of Sales NA||US - Major Hub||Our Client|
Our client has been a global leader in networking solutions for over 20 years and is seeking key talent as the company expands its product suite to improve the service provider customers’ performance and price in multiple layers of the network.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search to find a Senior Sales Director NA to manage 5 Regional Sales Managers and Directors responsible for Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers in each region of the US. This newly created role will report to the VP of Sales Americas, who will run Major accounts (Tier 1’s) and Verticals while the new hire takes over the RSM’s in each region for Tier 2 and 3 accounts. The new Senior Director will need to hire 2 additional RSM’s and will also have an opportunity to expand territory into other parts of the Americas.
• 10+ years selling and leading a team of 5+ reports responsible for selling networking technology to service providers.
• Extensive relationships with a successful history of sales to Tier 2 and Tier 3 service providers.
• Understanding of multiple service network architecture, IP networking, optical networking, DWDM, carrier ethernet and some layer 3 technologies.
• Strong comfort level coaching a sales team on the presentation of technical material and engineering network solutions to provide a good customer fit and economical solutions for the company.
• Must be capable of working with team members, product planning and business management teams effectively to develop business models which specifically benefit customers.
• Strong self-starter capable of working and managing direct reports effectively in a remote work environment.
• Must be able to hire and manage a dedicated team of sales professionals to develop and execute sales strategies and drive sales growth.
|Darlene Corrubia||United States, north america, |
New Hampshire, NH,
New Jersey, NJ,
New Mexico, NM,
New York, NY,
North Carolina, NC,
North Dakota, ND,
Rhode Island, RI,
South Carolina, SC,
South Dakota, SD,
West Virginia, WV,
|3537||Lean/Operations Engineer||IL - Chicago||Our client is a privately held and profitable optical device company led by industry recognized executives. Leveraging a strong supply chain and significant partnerships, our client is making a name for itself by providing client companies with networking solutions that can be delivered faster and more cost effectively than the other larger OEMs. As a result of winning many significant customers and building an impressive revenue stream, the company executives have been able to attract top talent to join their team, putting them on a fast track to gain major market share.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Lean/Operations engineer.
• Serve as key technical contact for company’s manufacturing facility in Asia
• Resolve technical issues for optical assembly process with CMs
• Oversee the implementation of engineering changes throughout product life cycle
• Develop and improve the automated production test platforms
• Create the assembly instructions and the process documentation
• Review the current processes and improve them to increase yield, cycle time and quality
• Evaluate materials and assemblies that are provided by suppliers in accordance with specifications and quality standards
• Support production line moves and/or new product introduction through coordination of quality, materials, tools, production line layouts, and process development
• Experience with industrial engineering is a plus (i.e. capacity analysis, time studies)
• Support Bill of Material (BOM) accuracy in conjunction with other functions
• Support year-over-year cycle time reductions
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree with experience in manufacturing and process engineering, experience in optical component/sub-system manufacturing or related field
• Experience working with and providing direction to production technicians
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFM/DFT and statistical tools
• Technical writing experience
• Experience with technology transfer
• Work environment of short notice changes, able to tolerate interruptions and work extended hours if needed
• Able to plan and prioritize activities, perform and monitor multiple overlapping tasks/operations to meet schedule
• Must be able to travel for several weeks at a time
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois, Midwest||3537|
|3532||Account Development Manager - Financial Markets||IL - Chicago / Metro NY||Our Client|
Led by name recognized industry executives, our client is the leading provider of state-of-the-art network service assurance solutions for premium granular network performance. Our client is private and profitable and continues to grow in revenue and global presence.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to embark on an executive search which will help launch our client company’s Financial Vertical. The company has a unique product with an application and features that are crucial for Financial Services companies as they strive to have the very best performance monitoring and service assurance platforms in their networks. These highly scalable platforms allow one-way latency measurements and ms micro-burst detection to control latency jitter for transaction times and trading data exchange over global networks. These platforms are ready to go today and the new Account Manager will lead the way for the company to develop this business and if he/she chooses to eventually lead and build a team in this vertical.
The selected candidate will have experience as an Account or Business Development Manager or Sales Engineer responsible for selling networking solutions direct or through service providers to companies like, IDC, Bloomberg, Hibernia Bank, Thomson Reuters, NYSE, etc.
This role reports to the Vice President of Sales.
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois, Midwest, Indiana, New York, East coast, east coast||3532|
|3525||Technical Support Applications Engineer||IL - Chicago||Our client is a small privately held global software company with a unique set of products that bridge the gap between telcos and broadcasters. With a strong customer base globally and solid financials, our client is growing the Americas business. Fueling this company’s growth is the increasing need to provide quality broadcast services for live events (i.e. US Open, NFL games, other live sporting events, etc.)||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Technical Support Applications Engineer to be the liaison between product development, sales, and customers. There is a strong opportunity to grow into a sales role or pre sales engineering position.
• Develop technical concepts before and during implementation, tailored to customer requirements and objectives.
• Responsible for technical interaction with the customers and collaborate with technical and operational working groups within the company.
• Coordinate activities required in the context of project implementation as well as provide technical support of customer base in North America.
• Travel for assignments both domestically and possible in the future to South America.
• 5+ years Post sales and technical support experience using software-, IT- or hardware in the Broadcast and/or Telecommunications industries
• NMS and/or OSS experience
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Good communication and teamwork abilities
• Good organizational abilities and independent worker
|Darlene Corrubia||Chicago, Illinois, Midwest||3525|
|3382||Sr. Manager – SIP Trunking Engineer/Architecture||NJ - Central / VA - Northern||Our Client|
Our client ranks as one of the world’s leading Tier 1 Service Providers. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to every region in the world. Their multi-billion dollar annual revenue allows for continued investment into advancing their global communications network, offering solutions to enterprises and service providers through a single source.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a UC Engineer to architect and develop Unified Communications, SIP Trunking and IP Telephony product offerings with focus toward the Enterprise market segment. This candidate will offer design options formulated from market needs and work with internal teams to identify OSS/BSS integration dependencies. This position will assist the Solution Architecture group with design plans that contribute to RFI and RFP responses. Ideal candidates will have excellent presentation skills and an ability to interface and influence internal and external customers on a global basis and learn new technologies both as a team and an individual.
• Research, develop and architect Unified Communications and IP Telephony solutions in both the enterprise and wholesale space, including high level and low level design and implementation plans, both physical and logical. Create detailed design documents, diagrams, and service guidelines for products and services
• Work with internal and external technical teams to make market requirements into deliverable products and services
• Provide network performance, scalability and quality improvements & define innovative ideas on how to redesign network architecture and maximize network quality
• Develop requirements for Unified Communications and IP Telephony network elements to support existing and future platform, product and service functionality, and multi-platform integration.
• Assist in the strategic direction of Unified Communications, IP Telephony, and Transport & Access architecture
• Lead and/or contribute to new product and/or vendor evaluations by providing technical guidance, expertise, and feedback
• Provide completed solution delivery process including design and detailed configuration with implementation support
• Provide scope and desired results to QA Systems Engineers
• Lead projects to accomplish company goals on time and within budgets
• Recommend and handoff documented and delivered services to operations teams based on final service architecture
• Support Operations on complex and critical production issues
• BS or MSEE in Computer Science or 8+ years of experience in telecommunications, IP networks, and VOIP
• 3-5+ years experience in Unified Communications and IP Telephony space
• Cisco, MS Lync & Avaya Unified Communications, SIP Trunking, and IP Telephony architectures
• Premise Based, Hosted, Cloud, and Hybrid IP Telephony and Unified Communications deployments
• VoIP Protocols – SIP; knowledge of WebRTC, H.323 & SIP-I desirable but not required
• VoIP Media – RTP/SRTP/RTCP, RFC 2833
• Audio and Video Conferencing Solutions and Web Collaboration Solutions
• Social media and OTT applications in a collaboration environment
• Multi-tenant environments and virtualization of applications
• Regulatory compliance infrastructure such as CALEA & E911
• PSTN architecture and routing practices
• Cisco UCS architecture and deployment
• Avaya Aura, Broadsoft or Sonus experience is a plus
• NGN Voice & IP Equipment Vendors.
• SIP softphones, mobile clients and IADs
• CCNA, CCDA, CCVP CCNP, CCIE, CCIE Voice, ACSA, ACIS, APDS, MCTS, MCM, MCA a plus
• Expertise in Routing Protocols & Development (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VSRP, etc.) to be used in project implementations
• Familiarity with Network Security (FW, IDS, IPS, DOS) platforms, and protections methods against flooding, denial of service, etc.
• Knowledge of Layer 2 network design and standards, including Ethernet WAN technologies, MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, EVPN), 802.1x and 802.3xx
• IEEE standards 802.1ad QnQ, 802.1q VLAN tagging, Ethernet OAM 802.3ah and 802.1a
• Implementation of Standards and Methodologies for developing MOPs & resilient network solutions
• Network Management, performance measurement, fault management, access security
|Matthew Reaves||New Jersey, East Coast, mid-atlantic, mid atlantic, virginia||3382|
|3498||Sr. Account Manager, Global SI Unit–Enterprise Infrastructure||Bay Area / Dallas / Metro NY / NJ||Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for an exceptional Sr. Account Manager, Global Systems Integrator Unit – Enterprise Network Infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of Global Systems Integrator Business who heads partnerships with all global Systems Integrators, this position will own the existing North American relationship with at least one major Indian Systems Integrator such as Wipro, Infosys, HCL, TCS, etc. He/she will map and plan the sales strategy then hunt via sell-with & sell-through engagements to acquire new business, as well as farm to enhance and grow the business. The focus of the business is Enterprise Network Infrastructure engagements in partnership with SIs. He/she will act as bridge between the customer and the company and execute to acquire 2x new end-customer logos for the company in his/her first fiscal year.
• Will create and execute the Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy for each of the Indian SI accounts by focusing on sell-with and sell-through bids
• Achievement of new business target from Indian SI segment on Annualized Contract Value basis
• Achievement of billed revenue target from Indian SI segment
• Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving revenue targets – especially managing personal time and productivity
• Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction
• Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
• Record, analyze, report and administer according to systems and requirements
• Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
• Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
• Pro-actively liaise with other company functions (e.g. product management / marketing / finance / operations) aimed at maximizing profitable revenue growth for the company
• 10 or more years of telecom experience including ~3 or more years of measurable success in sales and account management in a Telco/Systems Integrator/Global Technology Consulting firm
• Active relationships in major Indian Systems Integrators such as Wipro, Infosys, HCL, TCS, etc.
• Solid technical knowledge of US domestic and international telecommunications and network data and next gen services (Policy Engine Based, Video Services, SIP, Colocation, Private Line, Ethernet, Wavelength, IPT, MPLS, etc.)
• Experience in selling the services that make up an Enterprise Solutions portfolio
• Ability to achieve success through leveraging virtual teams
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Seasoned business traveler is expected for this position
• Bachelor degree in business or technical field; MBA preferred
|Matthew Reaves||California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, San Francisco||3498|
|3445||Sales Leader - Enterprise Data Center - East||Eastern Region||Our Client|
Our client is a small privately held and profitable optical device company led by industry recognized executives. Leveraging a strong supply chain and significant partnerships, our client is making a name for itself by providing client companies with networking solutions that can be delivered faster and more cost effectively than the other larger OEMs. As a result of winning many significant customers and building an impressive revenue stream, the company executives have been able to attract top talent to join their team, putting them on a fast track to gain major market share.
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a VP of Business Development, located in the eastern region, who has worked with, or worked for, network equipment vendors selling to Fortune 500 companies either direct or through value-added resellers, and who, in turn, knows how to drive sales through these channels by developing C--Suite and Vice President level influence in the target accounts. This is a short sales cycle, high revenue ramp product category so we need individuals who are willing to step up to this challenge and its associated benefits.
Sales Executive Customer-facing Responsibilities
• Be the “face of the company” and represent company brand to the end customers.
• Develop strategic working relationships within customer base including influence with C—Suite and Vice President level decision makers that have overall budget responsibility.
• Understand strategy and tactics of competitors within customer base and recommend counter—measures in accounts.
• Mine existing accounts for further revenue by engaging with Network Planning, Purchasing, and Service/Product Management as appropriate.
• Meet or exceed yearly sales and product mix targets within assigned accounts.
• Provide “voice of customer” feedback to Product Management and Engineering to aid in developing product requirements and product line roadmaps.
• Work with Business Development to establish corporate and affiliate market relationships that drive sales opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technology—related).
• Ten years of sales experience with one or more data equipment manufacturers including a
• Lead role for a Fortune 500 account and/or divisional sales management responsibility.
• Optical networking platform sales a plus.
|Darlene Corrubia||East coast, eastern, east, new jersey, new york, florida, georgia, baltimore, maryland, boston||3445|
|3488||Sales Director, Wholesale Carrier Services-Tier 2/3 CSPs||Bay Area, Seattle, Denver, West||Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Sales Director, Wholesale Carrier Services – Tier 2/3 CSP markets for the Americas. This candidate will play a major role in account development with a focus on the Western North American region, this position will be responsible for developing and driving sales of data and next generation network services to a targeted list of strategic accounts.
• Engage Service Provider Company organizations at multiple levels from staff levels to senior management, including executive/CxO presentations to clearly articulate the company’s value proposition
• Senior-level sales experience and selling abilities; skilled at consultative selling and not merely an “account manager”
• Skilled at negotiating and comfortable persuading customers to take action to close sales
• Ability to exceed sales objectives such as quota and productivity requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Thorough understanding of market dynamics and can develop lead generation mechanisms to grow customer base within region
• Cultivate new customers and penetrate within existing major accounts (MegaPath, Windstream, Zayo, etc.)
• Interface with respective product management managers, access management and commercial teams to develop customized solutions for customers
• Effectively present and position the company’s product and service portfolios
• Responsible for routine account maintenance activities
• Accountable for pre- and post-sales activities to ensure customer satisfaction and timely revenue realization
• Must understand key operational methods and procedures to accurately quote existing and prospect customer demands
• Serve as customers’ primary point of contact inquiries, escalations and renewals of existing services
• Able to convey knowledge of the organization’s various products and services
• Able to prepare effective client presentations
• Work directly with Product Management organization to ensure product offerings meet strategic customer demands
• Work closely with the Strategy team to address industry trends as well as specific requirements of the Tier 2/3 CSPs
• Cultivate new opportunities for the company through identification of new customers, new market segments, and mining of dormant customers
• Support ad hoc requirements for unique business development arrangements inside the Americas region
• Bachelor degree in business or technical field; MBA preferred
• 7-10 years of work experience engaging Tier 2/3 Service Providers, preferably in areas of business development, sales, technical support and/or project management
• Thorough knowledge of US domestic and international telecommunications and network data and next gen services (Policy Engine Based, Video Services, CDN, Colocation, Private Line, Ethernet, Wavelength, IPT, MPLS, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of the industry, a thorough understanding of network data services, experience engaging Tier 2/3 market and proven relationships with company’s current and targeted strategic clients
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Strong relationship and presentation skills
• Business travel of approximately 50% is expected for this position
|Matthew Reaves||Bay Area, Seattle, Denver, West, California, West Coast, Colorado||3488|
|3458||Product Manager – Mobile Carrier Data Services Platforms||NJ - Central||Our client ranks among the world’s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, and Mobile Services. A decade of acquisitions and organic growth has extended their global network to over 240 countries and territories. Leveraging their domain expertise, they deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers across the globe.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to recruit a highly specialized Product Manager of a Mobile Data Service Platform. This candidate will define and refine product vision, strategy, and requirements to launch, manage and scale new policy-based wholesale mobile data services that help Mobile Network Operators expand average revenue per subscriber. The role requires serving as both company and industry catalyst in enabling a new ecosystem-based product portfolio addressing an emerging, fast-growing and likely multi-billion dollar market. The chosen individual will work closely with cross-functional technical team (Engineering, IT, Operations) to launch new services as well as work closely with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing teams to define product GTM strategy and expand ecosystem footprint while maintaining existing relationships. He/she will assist in driving customer-facing engagement in product design and proof of concept/fast prototyping activities. Will determine pricing and packaging for the services brought to market. This role is envisioned to grow into the management of the associated product group if/when the product portfolio is established & growing.
• 10+ years of experience in Product Management, Technical Sales or Product Development leadership role (ideally managing group of Product Managers) and responsible for independently managing a full product P&L
• 3+ years of experience in the mobile broadband data ecosystem domain
• Working knowledge of wholesale clearing, settlements and billing and commercial models and related ecosystem
• Experience launching highly scalable managed services and successful track record of profitably scaling new products and services. Experience working with agile methodology and product launch
• Demonstrated ability to lead discussions with customers, strategic partners to understand their needs and business concerns and ability to influence their requirements and product vision
• Strong strategic analysis & planning skills particularly related to establishing market power in industry ecosystems
• Proven track record of setting up technology partnerships and channel development strategy
• Strong team player and ability to influence and work with cross-functional internal teams like Sales, BD, Marketing, Finance, Legal
|Matthew Reaves||New Jersey, East coast eastcoast||3458|
|3456||Technical Manager, Mobile Web Team||MA - Boston||Our client, a publicly traded company, is the largest Internet company in its industry after taking off as one of the fastest growing startups in the Northeast. Their branded sites make up the largest community of its kind in the world, reaching over 300 million unique monthly visitors, containing more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million unique items. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. Our client is well known for its strong engineering team and is seeking candidates with hands-on technical skills.||The Opportunity|
Our client has entrusted us with a search for a Technical Manager for their Mobile Web team. This dynamic, passionate and effective leader will be responsible for building a team that delivers fun and useful features on mobile. Candidates do not need to be mobile experts but great leaders who are excited about mobile and fearless about picking up new technologies. Our client reaches over 300 million unique visitors each month in 45 countries, and are looking for someone who gets excited by working at this scale.
This team works in a fast-paced environment completing projects in 3-7 days, and a full release every week. This is a hands-on role where candidates will deliver features that will be used by millions of people every day. All programmers work on the full stack – from native code, to the presentation layer, through the servers, down to the database. Our client is well known for having an extremely strong engineering organization – you’ll be working with the best and getting stuff done, in the fastest growing area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
The Mobile team is responsible for both iOS and Android apps, as well as API, and their mobile website.
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
• A sense of ownership and pride in the role as a leader
• Have consistently exceeded expectations throughout candidate’s career, and can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
• Can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
• The ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
• Have successfully hired and built teams including interviewing, on-boarding, and mentoring (either at a small or large company)
• Find the live operations of your team’s code fulfilling and worth getting right
• Experience developing mobile websites is a plus
• Startup experience is a plus
|Matthew Reaves||Massachusetts, East Coast||3456|
|3455||Analytics Software Engineer, Mobile Team||MA - Boston||Our client, a publicly traded company, is the largest Internet company in its industry after taking off as one of the fastest growing startups in the Northeast. Their branded sites make up the largest community of its kind in the world, reaching over 300 million unique monthly visitors, containing more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million unique items. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. Our client is well known for its strong engineering team and is seeking candidates with hands-on technical skills.||Our client, a publicly traded company, is the largest Internet company in its industry after taking off as one of the fastest growing startups in the Northeast. Their branded sites make up the largest community of its kind in the world, reaching over 300 million unique monthly visitors, containing more than 200 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.4 million unique items. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. Our client is well known for its strong engineering team and is seeking candidates with hands-on technical skills.||Matthew Reaves||Massachusetts, East Coast||3455|
|3431||Principal Hardware Engineer||MA - Boston||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It’s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world`s largest networks.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a principal hardware engineer who will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team developing leading edge optical communications products at ultrahigh data rates. This position is for a HW lead design role for development of complex high-speed electro-optical modules/sub-systems. The candidate must be solutions-focused, have a good understanding of telecommunications equipment design and should be familiar with design-for-manufacturability. Experience with design of high-speed optical transmission systems is a significant advantage.
• Lead responsibility from concept to production-release of high speed electro-optical transmission products and test vehicles for such products
• High-speed analog/RF, digital and mixed signal modeling and design including PCB layout and signal integrity engineering with 10G+ signals
• Design and implementation of low noise analog circuitry, Phase Locked Loops, and analog and digital feedback controls systems
• HW design of microprocessor, FPGA subsystems and high efficiency power supplies
• Specification, selection, testing and qualification of electrical and, in cooperation with the optics team, electro-optical components
• Test and verification of the developed electro-optical transmission products
• Documentation of the HW design of the developed electro-optical transmission products Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills, Education and
• Experience working with PCB layout designers, high speed signals, signal integrity, and constraints for designs operating at 10G and above, including a working knowledge of the Allegro PCB layout package
• Solid understanding of transmission line theory and effects (micro strip, strip line, CPW, …)
• Excellent debugging and analytical skills
• Experience with DxDesigner & Allegro. Strong preference to have working knowledge on various analog/RF simulation tools such as LTSpice and/or ADS
• EMI/EMC knowledge
• Knowledge of high-efficiency power converters
• Project lead and resource/task scheduling
• Successful track record of product design from concept through high volume manufacturing, including HW specification generation, DVT, regulatory compliance, and NPI of telecom grade equipment with high reliability requirements and extended environmental operating conditions
• Knowledge of optical components (lasers, modulators, detectors, etc.) and DWDM technologies and systems
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• B.S. in relevant field, M.S. preferred
• 10+ years or more of relevant industry experience
|Darlene Corrubia||Massachusetts, East Coast||3431|
|3418||Principal/Senior System Software Engineer||MA - Boston||Our client provides the top cloud platform for enterprises, offering a secure and high-performance user experience across devices. The core platform to the company allows flawless reliability and security while providing a wide reach to the mobile realm. Our client has transformed the cloud experience for enterprises to make connecting easy. The company offers RSUs and their stock continues to show strong growth.||The Opportunity|
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Principal/Senior System Software Engineer in the new products business unit to create application acceleration software. This position will propel design and development of systems centered on application acceleration, network and transport. The company’s global platform operates 24/7 in real-time with fault tolerance and presents creative challenges to true problem solvers.
• Provide technical leadership in the team, creating software solutions to complex problems that challenge the group
• Lead the design and development of high performance software to accelerate enterprise applications while maintaining robustness, scalability and fault-tolerance of the platform
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar engineering field
• Minimum of 5 years of C/C++ development experience on Linux/Unix platforms or embedded systems
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with multithreading and high-performance server development
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with design and development for mission critical, high-availability systems
• Experience with TCP/IP networking and client/server development
• Experience with common Internet protocols (IP, IPv6, TCP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS)
• Experience in the Application Acceleration and/or WAN Optimization space
• Strong software development and design skills
• Ability to reason about complex systems
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, results orientated team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
|Darlene Corrubia||Massachusetts, East Coast||3418|
|3010||Sr. Technical Recruiter / Account Manager||NJ - Brielle / Remote||Common Agenda is a senior level professional and executive search firm leveraging over 25 years of success in partnering with progressive companies in the quest for exceptional talent.|
Building organizations from the top-down or the bottom up; whether for the smallest start-up venture, a mid-sized company, or a large multi-billion dollar industry leader, Common Agenda has the experience and capabilities to meet each client's specific recruiting need. We strive to bring the highest level of service and professionalism to each search project we undertake.
|On day one, you will jump right in, learning about the clients we serve – companies whose products and services analyze, enable, protect or test technology Applications, Infrastructures, Intellectual Property, and Services in Telecom and IT. You’ll be tasked with filling current open requirements as well as identifying new ones. You will find and qualify new leads, sell the benefits of working with Common Agenda, and bring new clients to the company. Once you’ve landed a new client, you’ll be the point person on their account, helping to meet all of their recruiting needs and acting as a Subject Matter Expert on all topics in recruiting and hiring.|
We expect you to be savvy, hardworking, and intelligent. You should have a natural curiosity about the way things work and an excitement for learning new things. Because we embrace a collaborative approach where employees are encouraged to bounce ideas off one another, strong interpersonal skills are key. Our team members are confident in themselves and their ideas. They trust their instincts and are never nervous on the phone, whether talking to a junior level engineer or the CEO of an industry-leading company.
- Maintain a pipeline of “A-player” candidates through networking, cold calling and other creative means of research
- Screen prospective candidates to evaluate company fit, technical ability, and interest
- Mentor candidates through hiring process from resume writing, interviewing and offer acceptance
- Present Common Agenda to prospective clients as a solution to their hiring needs
- Work closely with Account and Operations Managers to ensure we meet our recruiting goals
- Meet and exceed all weekly, monthly and quarterly performance targets
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- 3+ years experience in a sales environment with a record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Experience building and nurturing relationships with clients, leads, and prospects
- Demonstrated success sourcing leads through referrals, warm and cold calling
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- High-energy with polished and persuasive written and verbal skills
- Technical savviness with the intellectual curiosity to learn new things on a daily basis
- Strong commitment to ethics, integrity, and quality
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
|Bill Rowe||New Jersey, East Coast, Virtual||3010|
|3398||Central Reg. Sales Exec – Carrier/MSO Optical Solutions||U.S. Central / Atlanta / Cleveland||Our client is a small 20 year old private equity backed, profitable innovator of high quality carrier grade optical network engineering products. They produce high-quality products with levels of availability that surpass any other company and provide customers with outstanding service and support. Their products are implemented in systems by customers who use the industry’s leading OEM platforms, including Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper, as well as many others. They are also certified by many Fortune 1000 companies, including many of the largest telecommunications carriers in North America. The company has recruited a team of highly talented people that fully understand the intricacies of optical networks and are focused on customer service. This team provides a consultative approach and delivers innovative, cost-saving solutions that help their customers streamline their networks and set a strong foundation for future growth. The 2014/2015 AOP has the company set to dramatically grow in both domestic and international markets with their core products as well as Cloud and SDN/NFV focused solutions. |
Our client values independent thinking and rewards energetic professionals who have fresh ideas and an innovative approach to getting the job done. The company provides opportunities for both professional and personal advancement and believes in challenging and stretching their people to get the best from them and in return they offer a dynamic place to work, excellent career development and competitive benefits.
|Common Agenda is conducting a search for a Carrier/MSO Sales Executive. This position is primarily tasked with selling optical networking equipment solutions into Tier 1/2/3 Service Provider and MSO markets. The Carrier Sales Executive will hunt prospects and manage accounts after the close. The position requires cold calling to generate qualified leads. |
• Achieve/exceed revenue and profit targets
• Execute effective sales plans for territory to realize short and long term goals
• Assure results from account management and call plans for Inside Sales and Business Development Representatives
• Pursue effective field sales engagements to demonstrate our value propositions, identify new opportunities, and assure sustained relationships and satisfaction
• Effectively articulate non-price value to decision-makers
• Provide competitive proposals, and manage sales cycle through closure
• Act as primary point of contact for customers providing a high level of customer contact and service to key stakeholders as needed
• Identify and develop strong relationships with all buying influences within accounts
• Work in a team environment with Sales Engineers, Product Line Managers, Inside Sales and Customer Service
• Maintain account information in CRM system
• Maintain accurate forecasts and convey critical account needs in a timely manner
• Support product portfolio management by communicating customer needs and monitoring competitor strategies and trends
• Participate in strategic planning for organization
• Outstanding selling skills in a complex environment – selling to both business and technical communities
• Strong ability to aggressively identify and manage sales opportunities through closure while managing multiple stakeholder needs
• Superior negotiation and persuasion skills
• Experience in building sales propositions to senior level prospects and customers
• Understanding of switches, routers, optical transmission and broadband access
• Significant commercial experience with telecom and data center customers & applications
• High level of understanding of optical transceivers and related system design
• Demonstrated technical capabilities/experience with excellent ability to engage with customer engineering and technical teams
• Telecom network, optical component and/or other fiber-optic market experience preferred
• Ability to identify all issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and customers simultaneously
• Excellent communications skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, aggressive, fast paced, goal-oriented individual
• Effective prospecting by making outbound sales calls to generate interest and network across multiple influencers as well as seek referrals
• Proficient utilizing Windows, MS Office and Goldmine and other CRM
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business and/or Engineering
• 5-10 years sales and national account/key account experience in data networking or telecom markets
• Recent experience in technical product sales, consultative sales, account entry and growth planning, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning and long range account management strategies
|Matthew Reaves||U.S. Central / Atlanta / Cleveland||3398|
|3318||Senior Test Engineer||MA - Boston||Our client is an innovator and provider of network and service solutions that create business opportunities for service providers and enterprises. The company is profitable and growing globally with a unique solution which enables existing networks to profitably deliver and manage advanced services that are being driven by the diverse applications of today and tomorrow. It`s a fast and exciting atmosphere that lets you create your own success while helping to solve challenges for some of the world`s largest networks.||Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Senior Test Engineer. |
• Serve as a senior member of a team in the development of production test equipment, test programs, and debug processes for new products and releases to internal manufacturing or external contract manufacturer.
• Participate independently in Engineering Design Reviews and help drive the implementation of test methodologies and guidelines.
• Work independently with Engineering to develop manufacturing test requirements for new products.
• Work independently in the development of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes for low-high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Train internal manufacturing or external contract manufacturer technical personnel in the use and support of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes for low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Independently implement Corrective Actions aimed at process/quality/cost improvements.
• Support and maintain production test equipment, test programs, and debug processes for low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems released to manufacturer.
• Support manufacturer’s technical personnel in the debug of low to high complexity assemblies and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Assist in defining Design for Testability (DFT) guidelines and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
• Assist in defining methodologies used to develop ATE and Test Program Set (TPS) that share a common development strategy across product platforms and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
• Assist is developing policies, procedures & methods in support of ISO-9000 quality system.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
• BSEE or higher degree with 5+ years of experience, both in NPI & Sustaining or 10+ years of applicable work experience.
• Experience in Analog, Digital, Optical and/or RF test and debug techniques of low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
• Experience in various levels of testing; Functional, ESS, System
• Experience in Factory Automation and Automated Test Equipment design.
• Experience with Labview test programming language.
• Experience with Test Executives; experience with TestStand is a bonus.
• Experience with the use of databases is a bonus.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Superior problem solving skills.
• Prioritize along critical path and meet project milestones and deliverables.
• Track and present project status.
• Develop and present technical presentations.
• Weekend Support Required
• Travel Required
|Darlene Corrubia||Massachusetts, East Coast||3318|